Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FInished building my new "sport" muffler last night
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Scott S
Hi All -
I finished building the muffler for my conversion last night. I did the usual gutting of a 911 muffler. I really wanted the three tip rally muffler, but having those damn 916 bumpers on the car meant quite a bit of cutting.

This being the case, I decided to go more RSR. I like that the RSR tips were further apart anyway. This meant I had to cut two additional ports into the internal bulkheads at both ends of the muffler.

I decided at the last minute that instead of using normal tail pipes I would use the ends of some older megaphones I had. Hit it with VHT and here is the end result.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Not crazy about the color, hopefully it will get a bit darker (and dirty) through the curing process.

I havent started the car yet (gas leak), but I am sure it will be nice

and quiet............. happy11.gif
Ferg
smilie_pokal.gif
balljoint
Looks good. Have you got pics of the gutting process?
Scott S
Hi Dave -
I am sorry - I dont. Here is the usual diagram that I used to cut the holes. The pink spots are the additional ports I cut into the bulkheads. The green line is where I cut the case open. Blue is where I put the tail pipes

I will say that cutting that tank open was a chore. It is double layered. I used my air powered die grinder on the case. Cutting the internal holes was a snap with a hole saw. I have had this hole saw bit forever and it has been really great..... until I cut the tail pipe openings. That double walled tank simply trashed it.
Mountain914
Very nice Scott, this looks excellet!! Personally, I think loud is proud (and without horns I need to be heard)!!

piratenanner.gif smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif
JmuRiz
Love the look of megaphone ends as tips!!!
BKLA
Looks Great! first.gif
Scott S
biggrin.gif
Well being that there is not much left inside the muffler, I am guessing it wont be too much different than before!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D2_U7LzuBhQ...eature=youtu.be
toolguy
I've been thinking of doing about the same. . I wanted to put the outlets directly across from the inlets and wondered how loud it would be . . what was the diameter of the outlets where they are welded on to the muffler ?? I love the cooker cutter tips. .
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.