Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Engine Rebuilders near Kansas City or St.Louis area
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
442nd914s
Let me start by saying that I'm new to this forum, so yes.....I'm a newbie. Suck to be me again.

So I've aquired a 1 owner '73 2.0Lt EFi 914.
It was a daily driver since it was born till '92 when it was put in storage. I wasn't planing on droping the engine, but my amigo convinenced me to do so. So now that it's down, I've desided to have the engine rebuild and so I can have a warm fuzzy feeling. Perhaps it's over kill, but I don't want to just "patch" it up drive it then have it break down a month later then back to the drawing board.
By the looks of it, I have only found a handful of places in the country that sell rebuild engines (either way east or west coast), but I would like to keep the original engine. Does anyone know of a place in the KC or St. Louis area that can rebuild this engine? Before I sawzall-smiley.gif and smash.gif

Thanks
Dave_Darling
Brad Mayeur, 914 Limited in East Peoria IL. Not super close, but he's been working on 914s since they were new. He really, really knows his stuff!!

http://914ltd.com/

--DD
TheCabinetmaker
I'm 4 hours away in Tulsa.
Jesco Reient
Brad Mayeur, Has helped me tremendously, I was going to convert my wifes 1973 2.0 to carbs but he so far has talked me back away from the ledge. Great knowledge.
GeorgeRud
The drive to see Brad in E. Peoria is the best thing you could do for your car! I've known him for over 35 years, and you couldn't ask for a nicer, knowledgable, and friendly guy.
hot_shoe914
QUOTE(GeorgeRud @ Aug 3 2012, 05:53 PM) *

The drive to see Brad in E. Peoria is the best thing you could do for your car! I've known him for over 35 years, and you couldn't ask for a nicer, knowledgable, and friendly guy.

agree.gif agree.gif agree.gif
rstover
QUOTE(hot_shoe914 @ Aug 3 2012, 07:21 PM) *

QUOTE(GeorgeRud @ Aug 3 2012, 05:53 PM) *

agree.gif agree.gif agree.gif

In KC I would contact the people at V village to get contacts. Last spring I purchased a 2056 from Loyld's Auto service in Edwardsville. I have not had time to put the engine in to see if it runs, but Loyld seemed very familiar with the 2.0 FI. I believe that at one time he worked for V Village and he said they had a top rated machinist at that time.
ConeDodger
agree.gif Plus 200 for Brad Mayuer...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.