Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Marathon Blue Fans
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
JawjaPorsche
I know a lot of yall get weak in the knees when you see a Marathon Blue teener!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Porsche-914...=item1e70dafe37
wndsnd
No Rust! Oh My! monkeydance.gif
benalishhero
Single carb poke.gif
TheCabinetmaker
I wouldn't let a single carb keep me from buying a car that is otherwise a nice car. In fact i did, and reinstalled the fi that came with the car. Like this one has. People pull the fi off cause they didn't know how to fix the fi. Sometimes its very simple to fix
Grelber
I'm kind of partial to them myself:

Click to view attachment
EJP914
That's my old car!!!! Just sold it about 4 months ago to this guy in Ohio. There is only 1 rust spot on the right side top of rear fender near the door handle. Even with the sgl carb, it ran pretty well. Lots of new parts went into that car. Wonder why he's selling it?

Ed
TheCabinetmaker
Buy it back?
Drums66
.....Cool color, jump back in the past?
EJP914
I would love to buy it back, but the wife would kill or leave me. I still have a '74 teener, a Miata, and a MR2 Spyder. I sold the '73 914 because I didnt drive it enough. It would still look good just sitting the garage. Then again, how many cars does one person really need???
billh1963
QUOTE(EJP914 @ Aug 4 2012, 11:57 AM) *

Then again, how many cars does one person really need???

As many as you can get, of course!

What a foolish question! av-943.gif
billh1963
QUOTE(EJP914 @ Aug 4 2012, 09:46 AM) *

That's my old car!!!! Just sold it about 4 months ago to this guy in Ohio. There is only 1 rust spot on the right side top of rear fender near the door handle. Even with the sgl carb, it ran pretty well. Lots of new parts went into that car. Wonder why he's selling it?

Ed

Based on your original ad price and that starting ebay price the value of 914's must be going through the roof! I need to list all of mine! smile.gif
EJP914
I sold it for a little under $7k, but he did replace the tires and the battery tray looks better than I remember. The edge of it was gone. It was a good car. I hoped to never see it again. Still looks good...for now.
914-300Hemi
Just my opinion but I like the color. That is a very clean car.
JawjaPorsche
I have had three wives and but only one 914! A man has to know his priorities!

biggrin.gif

QUOTE(EJP914 @ Aug 4 2012, 11:57 AM) *

I would love to buy it back, but the wife would kill or leave me. I still have a '74 teener, a Miata, and a MR2 Spyder. I sold the '73 914 because I didnt drive it enough. It would still look good just sitting the garage. Then again, how many cars does one person really need???

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.