Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fittings for Rail Pressure Gauge 2.0 FI
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
kbrunk1
Can anyone explain which fittings to or how to get this pressure gauge connected to the fuel rail. Do you simply slide a 5/16 fuel line and clamp over the fuel rail port (see picture) and then ? at the pressure gauge (attached)

Thanks
type47
Attach your hose of your fuel gauge assembly on that little stub with the bolt in it. Remove bolt and slip on hose and clamp hose. I wouldn't use that gauge as the pressure you're trying to adjust to is ~30 psi. The other gauge HD sells is 0-100 if I recall.
Krieger
agree.gif
Dave_Darling
I used a barbed fitting that I picked up at my local hardware store to screw into the gauge, and clamped the hose onto that.

--DD
Cap'n Krusty
Your fitting's on the wrong side of the engine.

The Cap'n
kbrunk1
QUOTE(type47 @ Aug 3 2012, 07:00 PM) *

Attach your hose of your fuel gauge assembly on that little stub with the bolt in it. Remove bolt and slip on hose and clamp hose. I wouldn't use that gauge as the pressure you're trying to adjust to is ~30 psi. The other gauge HD sells is 0-100 if I recall.

The other gauge is a natural gas gauge that goes to 30lbs is that what you meant?
The fitting on the gauge is wa to big for a 5/16 fuel line.
kbrunk1
QUOTE(Cap'n Krusty @ Aug 3 2012, 08:12 PM) *

Your fitting's on the wrong side of the engine.

The Cap'n

Cap'n when you are standing at the back looking toward the steering wheel of the car this fuel rail would be on the right side where the supply and return fuel lines come up.
This car is a factory 1973 so I guess the factory changed it....?
kbrunk1

What about the gauge side? any pictures of a real setup?
TheCabinetmaker
The cap'n is correct. That rail belongs on the drivers side. Easy to swap. There is no"real" setup. I don't think they ever came with a gauge. The nipple would have meant for the service personnel. Once you set the pressure there's no need for the gauge. They don't generally change unless you change something else in the system.
type47
QUOTE(kbrunk1 @ Aug 3 2012, 05:44 PM) *

What about the gauge side? any pictures of a real setup?

Click to view attachment
For the Cap'n: Why would it make any difference which side the rail with the port is on; should be same pressure throughout; the only difference I could think it would make is on a D-Jet system where the port is used for the cold start valve...
Dave_Darling
...I'd use fuel injection clamps rather than those worm-gear clamps, BTW.

--DD
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.