Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Vapor Lines 2.0 FI - Replacement
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
kbrunk1
Found SAE 5/16 30R9 for $4.00 per foot at autozone. I was going to spend $100 at Atlanta Parts for the "kit" but now am wondering if all of these have to be R9

They have 30R7 and most seem to be the size of 5/16.

Am I off base here?
I do not care about colors....

Are the other off sizes hard to get? Are they not all near the 5/16 size?
What is everyone using?
CG-914
depending on the year and the FI you have different diameters!
Sometimes even with one and the same car!

R9 is what you should use at least!
R10 is very very pricy but rated for that horrible ar15.gif ethanol...

But atlanta is usually more expensive therefore you find some parts you dont find somewhere else!

What model do you got?
CG-914
http://www.tangerineracing.com/stainlessFuelLines.htm

Thats top of the line!
JeffBowlsby
Please clarify which lines you are referring to, the word 'vapor' is confusing to me. 914s have fuel lines (fuel only), and vacuum lines (air only). Some of the vacuum lines carry vapors, but they are technically called vacuum lines.

Let us know what you need and we can chime in.

PS: Use only the metric hose...not the english-unit sizes.
kbrunk1
QUOTE(Jeff Bowlsby @ Aug 7 2012, 12:26 PM) *

Please clarify which lines you are referring to, the word 'vapor' is confusing to me. 914s have fuel lines (fuel only), and vacuum lines (air only). Some of the vacuum lines carry vapors, but they are technically called vacuum lines.

Let us know what you need and we can chime in.

PS: Use only the metric hose...not the english-unit sizes.

Vacuum lines. ( I have bought SAE30R9 fuel injection hose 5/16.)
JeffBowlsby
The fuel hose spec is more than fine for vacuum purposes, but I am not sure which lines you'll use that size for, that 5/16 is not applicable to much in the engine bay and should not be used for the fuel lines. Here are the vacuum line specs for the late 1974 2.0L, all of it is identical to your 73 2.0L except the charcoal filter plumbing and the second line to the throttle body from the vacuum advance. And I also attached the 1973/2.0L version.
kbrunk1
What size should fuel line be?
I just relocated my fuel pump under the tank and used a 5 piece kit with 8mm stainless lines down the tunnel. and two 8mm risers to the rails.

Your drawing is nice and it is correct (Dave Darling's), however according to Automotive Atlanta they no longer make 13mm vacuum lines and they only sell 12mm in the US.

Is this bad info?

I was also told that 5/16 SAE 30R9 was the best for ethanol fuel injection lines.
Am I going down the wrong path? They seem to fit nicely on the fuel pump and down the rails (8mm)?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.