Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The Phoenix has Risen!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Bleyseng
Wow, its off jackstands! When are you gonna drive it?
hot_shoe914
aktion035.gif aktion035.gif aktion035.gif aktion035.gif aktion035.gif aktion035.gif aktion035.gif
jim_hoyland
Looks great ! smile.gif Congrats ! beer.gif
rhodyguy
good job rich. it's been a long haul for you with that car.

k
6freak
sweet smile.gif
JeffBowlsby
Beautiful work Rich! Post more photos!
JRust
Man that car looks familiar evilgrin.gif . Kick ass Rich. I'll have to make a trip up so we can show our twins off driving.gif
Mr.242
Wicked cool!
OU8AVW
Good Job! After all the parts and help you've given us, it's good to see you having success on your project!
Daiberl
Great, congrats, now we have to get the LE's together, maybe it works out for the run Nord is planning on August 25th!
914werke
QUOTE(Daiberl @ Aug 6 2012, 08:07 AM) *

Great, congrats, now we have to get the LE's together, maybe it works out for the run Nord is planning on August 25th!

Thanks all. Nord's reminder is what shamed me into getting this complete. smile.gif
Still a few odds & ends I need to bolt glue or tune but I took in out for about a .5 hr
including a rip down I5 runs a bit cold blooded and low idle but once warmed is SWEET! smilie_pokal.gif

The corner balance & alignment made a HUGE difference in the way it handles ...
very stable but extremely quick steer response.
aircooledtechguy
beerchug.gif Way to go Rich!!

See you on the 25th driving.gif
Krieger
Hooray! Another one back on the road. smilie_pokal.gif
poorsche914
Beautiful car! Someday I hope mine will look as nice smile.gif

driving.gif
KELTY360
smilie_pokal.gif Congratulations Rich! Looks so pristine. I really like the look without the side stripes.
kerensky
Bog, my work computer does not get along with Flash, so no pics for me. Can you post one the old fashioned way? wink.gif
Rand
Congrats Rich. It's gotta feel great to have it drivable after all the work you've put into it over the years.
smilie_pokal.gif
NORD

Looks good!!! Now keep it going till the 25th and then you can put about

250 miles on the breakin. Kevin & I will go up the night before and

sweep the entire Mt. Baker highway so you don't get any rock chips

driving.gif
914werke
QUOTE(KELTY360 @ Aug 6 2012, 01:01 PM) *

smilie_pokal.gif Congratulations Rich! Looks so pristine. I really like the look without the side stripes.

Sorry but it'll have stripes. shades.gif
Thats among the list of items I need to do. I had planned to have it cut & buffed first, but its already showing scars, dont have the $ and will probably require the Pass. dr. to be repainted sometime in the near future sad.gif
rick 918-S
RRC? shades.gif popcorn[1].gif
greenie

This is one of the best restorations I've ever seen.

We will be gentle with the flying rocks on the Mt Baker run driving.gif

Congrats! first.gif

euro911
Congratulations, Rich. Looks really nice thumb3d.gif
PanelBilly
Let me know if you want some help with the cut & buff.

Great looking car and it sounds so good too
kmwvmarip
Congratulations on your accomplishment!
Eric_Shea
Looks great Rich. I have a butterfly if you need one. Fully restored, soda blasted and shot with L43 Grey/Black.
914werke
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Aug 7 2012, 05:40 AM) *

Looks great Rich. I have a butterfly if you need one. Fully restored, soda blasted and shot with L43 Grey/Black.

Thanks Eric. No I have it. Its in the trunk with the dr. panel & a host of other odds & ends I need need to install.
davesprinkle
Rich, congratulations on the restoration. The car looks great.

Is this the car that almost burnt down your house? If so, phoenix seems like an appropriate name..
RickS
Looking good Rich. Very nice work, now go and enjoy it.
3d914
Conrats Rich - looks sweet! Time to do the dance! piratenanner.gif
914werke
So it been a while since I updated this.
As has been the pattern I get a head of steam start working on the car & then something goes backward (either on the car or Life in general) & I lose all interest in working on it. sad.gif
This last time I had it running pretty good and had been taking it out once a week just to exersise it.
I have a couple of unbuilt & intersecting developments in my niehborhood where the roads are done driving-girl.gif so I have my own little auto x-course in which to rip around.
During one of these stints the car ...did something wierd. and all of sudden wouldnt pull like it should, so I headed for home only to have it die on me. mad.gif Check it over & all seemed ok so started it up.. good! confused24.gif
Again a hiccup & no power... then dead. headbang.gif Once more check for fuel, good. Started it up & got it back to the garage where it went under a cover, I didnt want to deal with it.
I know it was probabply something simple but after all the love & attention Ive lavished on this little car I thought it should have treated me better. laugh.gif
Fast forward a number of months, our summer was great so I spent most of it in the saddle of my VFR, but fall came to the PNW like a theater curtain dropping and to compound matters my truck decided to puke its fuel pump ($$$$)! smash.gif
So out of necesity it was time to pay some attention to the LE.
My new gig has kept me pretty busy so I took a day off & pulled back the car cover to do some diognostics. As I had imagined it was fairly simple problem but not so easy to solve.
Turns out the OE 3-port fuel pump was hit or miss in the LE & I had to go through my stash to find another one that would work, then stress test it over a day to ensure it wouldnt fail as soon as I installed it.
I know some of you are thinking to yourselves "why not just put in a new 2-port" , well Im stubborn and the car has been restored to original, Im trying to keep it that way & NOS ones are as rare as hens teeth or when found pricier than reason.

So thats the update, its now out of the garage ..again and enjoying the dense cool air here in the PNW....I think Ill go for a drive driving.gif
McMark
thumb3d.gif
rick 918-S
I think McMark has rebuilt those three port pumps. You should be able to do it.
McMark
I got seals, but the units from Fuel Injection Corp are rebuilt more thoroughly and I can't touch their price.
914werke
sad.gif OMG!
rhodyguy
starting at 7...call it $800+core. YIPES!!! 75' pump rich.
sixnotfour
Marvel Mystery Oil , Sta-Bil or some gas treatment that will keep it lubed, Because you have driven it Soooo....much.

And the 2 port pump is A factory progression UpGrade...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.