Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Deadspin Jab?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
SLKWrx
Reading some olympic news and I find this:

"For British tennis fans starved for a Wimbledon champ, it was a bittersweet victory, like learning your spouse bought you a vintage Porsche only to discover they bought a 914. "

WTF.gif

Full Article

That is all.

-- Steve
Cupomeat
When I see this sort of thing I laugh and remember that for many people who are out of touch with the classic car world, a 914 will ALWAYS be a Narp.

But we the faithful, soldier on...
SirAndy
QUOTE(SLKWrx @ Aug 6 2012, 10:10 AM) *
like learning your spouse bought you a vintage Porsche only to discover they bought a 914

lol-2.gif
ClayPerrine
A bittersweet victory, like a 911 guy with a new GT3 having to protest the old 914/6 at parade to get TTOD in AX.

"Look! I got Top Time of Day!!!"

"Yea, but you had to resort to a technicality to keep your $80K car from getting spanked by a 40 year old $10K car. Here's your trophy."

piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif

Footnote: The only reason the GT3 at parade got TTOD was that the 914/6 didn't wait 5 minutes between runs, even though the AX officials were telling us that they were not enforcing that rule due to time constraints. The 914/6 was almost a full second faster than the GT3.

Porschef
My wife is still laughing.... bootyshake.gif
poorsche914
QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Aug 6 2012, 01:46 PM) *

A bittersweet victory, like a 911 guy with a new GT3 having to protest the old 914/6 at parade to get TTOD in AX.

"Look! I got Top Time of Day!!!"

"Yea, but you had to resort to a technicality to keep your $80K car from getting spanked by a 40 year old $10K car. Here's your trophy."
piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif

Footnote: The only reason the GT3 at parade got TTOD was that the 914/6 didn't wait 5 minutes between runs, even though the AX officials were telling us that they were not enforcing that rule due to time constraints. The 914/6 was almost a full second faster than the GT3.

lol-2.gif Love that, Clay! I am going to post that in our region newsletter as a sidenote with the report of a GT3 taking FTD happy11.gif
KELTY360
chairfall.gif Classic line! The irony is that the gold medal winner isn't a real Brit...he's Scottish.....aka NARB. screwy.gif
hot_shoe914
QUOTE(Porschef @ Aug 6 2012, 01:16 PM) *

Then put your junk back in your pants! poke.gif

lol-2.gif av-943.gif lol-2.gif
Porschef
QUOTE(hot_shoe914 @ Aug 6 2012, 07:56 PM) *

QUOTE(Porschef @ Aug 6 2012, 01:16 PM) *

Then put your junk back in your pants! poke.gif

lol-2.gif av-943.gif lol-2.gif

Harsh Bro, harsh.

But I'm used to it by now. KMA.gif
bigkensteele
QUOTE(SLKWrx @ Aug 6 2012, 09:10 AM) *

Reading some olympic news and I find this:

"For British tennis fans starved for a Wimbledon champ, it was a bittersweet victory, like learning your spouse bought you a vintage Porsche only to discover they bought a 914. "

WTF.gif

Full Article

That is all.

-- Steve

If my wife remembers to buy toilet paper for my man-cave, I consider it a victory. If she actually bought me a car of any variety other than a Yugo or Prius, I would consider it an act of true, unconditional love... or reason to hire a PI shades.gif
bigkensteele
QUOTE(KELTY360 @ Aug 6 2012, 12:10 PM) *

chairfall.gif Classic line! The irony is that the gold medal winner isn't a real Brit...he's Scottish.....aka NARB. screwy.gif

Umm... Great Britain is comprised of England, Scotland, and Wales. The United Kingdom adds Northern Ireland.

Scots are not English, but they are Brits. They can't do beer worth shit, but they know a thing or two about single malt, and apparently, they occasionally win medals.
kerensky
QUOTE(bigkensteele @ Aug 6 2012, 08:12 PM) *
Scots are not English, but they are Brits.
Might be careful telling a Scot that. While most might agree, it's the ones that don't that would worry me. wink.gif Kinda like calling someone from Georgia a 'Yankee' - technically accurate but a bit dangerous. biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.