Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Another Porsche bites the dust
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
mhuber45
Click to view attachmentGot home from vacation, and apparently there was a small tornado Sunday morning...I found this. Only had 75k on it. Anyone need any parts? I am not sure what the insurance company will give me for it...any ideas/
rnellums
Hopefully insurance does right by you. That is terrible luck! sad.gif I was devastated when my car was totaled last year. I gave the adjuster a detailed album of work done to the car and values for very nice examples from ebay and samba ads. I was lucky with my settlement, I hope you will be too.
Drums66
...Tough Fortune, Probably more than you would get on the open market
(insurance)
carr914
Screw selling it for Parts,make a ChumpCar out of it! driving.gif
kerensky
Man, that *really* sucks. sad.gif If you get it back and wanna part it out, holler. I've always wanted to compare a 944 motor with contemporary VW motors - envisioning a 2.4l Porsche motor in my 2000 lb. Fox. wink.gif

Seriously tho, not repairable? Not that it'd be worth it monetarily, hell I think 914s are actually selling for more than 944s these days.
rnellums
QUOTE(carr914 @ Aug 7 2012, 07:32 AM) *

Screw selling it for Parts,make a ChumpCar out of it! driving.gif

agree.gif I might want to do something like that if you aren't going to keep it.
mhuber45
it is totalled if anyone is interested i can find out what the salvage buy back will be-still drives great
carr914
Definately find out & then work them down
rnellums
If it is totaled, I would love to buy it for salvage if you don't want it...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.