Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Looky at what I just bought.....
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
soloracer
I needed one to haul my cars and bikes around in the summer and sleds in the winter. Comments and suggestions are welcome!! aktion035.gif

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...TRK%3AMEWN%3AIT
Trekkor
Very cool...may I please have it?

I said please lol2.gif

KT
soloracer
Sure....just come up and get it. finger.gif

Do you think it was a good deal? I have seen newer ones on e-bay for around $5000US but by the time I pay taxes, shipping and duties to get one up here it would be in the $8000US range. I looked locally and couldn't find anything near what I got for the same money.

For the guys who have trailers or are familiar with them do you have any tips for me on what I should install? (cabinetry, d-rings, etc) I'm going to have to get a set of ramps and am considering some sort of wheel lock for motorcycles. Once again, any tips would be appreciated.
914werke
pretty good deal. Rear ramp door?
soloracer
I phoned around to see what it would cost to convert the rear barn doors to a large ramp style door. My first quote was $2000. The resultant sucking of wind wrapped my sphincter around my adams apple. I've decided to try a couple of other alternatives. One is to have a set of metal portable ramps that I carry around with the car. The other is to install a flip style inner ramp that I can just pull down. Imagine you open the barn doors and there is a 2/3 height wall that goes across the back. Only it isn't a wall, it's a ramp and it's hinged on the bottom. It is held in place during transport by a bracket up near the top. Any other suggestions?
Trekkor
Some of the guys I've seen using trailers just bring long planks and use them as ramps. They make marks on the trailer where to place them and it becomes routine.

$20-30. smilie_pokal.gif

KT
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.