Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Brown??
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Demick
I've seen brown early 911's, but I don't think the 914 was ever offered from the factory in brown (at least according to the 914 colors web page). This car is offered in the classifieds. Why would someone do a color change to brown? Too bad. Looks like an excellent car and a good buy.

IPB Image
Lawrence
Porsche painted cars "to match" at the factory. I've seen another brown 914 in Illinois.

Aubergine (eggplant/purplish-red) is another one of those 911 colors that found its way onto 914 chassis at the factory.

-Rusty
Dave_Darling
There are two Sepia Brown 914s in Sacramento. Mike Willis (some of you should recognize the name) special-ordered his 73 2.0 with that 911 color. And there is a younger guy in Sac'to who has a 914 of the same color. It must have also been special-ordered.

This one looks to be a third in Sepia Brown. (Might be some other brown, of course; it's tough to tell from a JPEG.)

--DD
Chris H.
You could special order any Porsche color for like $150. That looks like kinda like Sepia Brown. I saw that car too and I think it's a GREAT deal. I wish I had room in the corral.... I've got an extra set of Fuchs that would look great on that car!
Gint
Don't forget this fine example!That is factory Sepia Brown paint (what isn't silver anyway). The current owner in Aurora CO. is planning a V8 swap and a color change.
jonwatts
If I were a UPS driver and a 914 nut I'd have to own that car.
Lawrence
Don't forget this fine example!That is factory Sepia Brown paint (what isn't silver anyway).

Many days I've kicked myself for not purchasing that fine example.

-Rusty
Gint
It was THE most solid, rust free 914 I've seen before me with my own eyes.
Brad Roberts
I like it. It would have UPS racing all over it and rice wheels.

B
Lawrence
Thanks, Mike. Rub it in. finger.gif

-Rusty smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.