Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Who is Dennis Deeds and porsche914.org?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Mike Bellis
http://www.porsche914.org/mbr.html

I am a member of his yahoo group. What do I get if I pay and join? Is he a member here?

I'm not bashing, just want more info.
carr914
Haven't heard of them in a long time. Why would you Pay somebody for something that you get here for Free?
Cap'n Krusty
It's not a "club", per se, all the money has always gone into Mr. Deeds' pocket. The Renegade 914 Club came into existence because of this, and there are some here who were members of that early (pre-internet) organization.

The Cap'n
Porschef
I have a few old issues of MidEngine Views that came with the car. Seems like the typical pre Internet interest group, with a newsletter published (I believe) 4 times a year. Contained tips, articles, and classifieds.

Things moved a little slower in them days
sbsix
Dennis Deeds stopped publishing Mid-Engine Views suddenly back in the '90's and kept my subscription money, refusing a refund. I wouldn't deal with him at all, but that's me. 914 World is by far the best source of 914 information anywhere. Plus reading comments from the membership on a daily basis keeps me entertained and amazed at some of our member's abilities to rebuild and inform.
Scott S
agree.gif

I bought my car in 1992 and signed up for (and paid for) Mid Engine Views. I never received a single copy.
carr914
If you have any Questions, just ask the 3rd Guy on the List rolleyes.gif

Click to view attachment
mepstein
QUOTE(carr914 @ Aug 8 2012, 11:37 AM) *

If you have any Questions, just ask the 3rd Guy on the List rolleyes.gif

lol-2.gif
jsayre914
i did a search and found some more info for ya

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...id+engine+views
SirAndy
QUOTE(jsayre914 @ Aug 8 2012, 09:32 AM) *
i did a search

thumb3d.gif
jsayre914
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Aug 8 2012, 01:14 PM) *

QUOTE(jsayre914 @ Aug 8 2012, 09:32 AM) *
i did a search

thumb3d.gif

rolleyes.gif
URY914
QUOTE(carr914 @ Aug 8 2012, 07:06 AM) *

Why would you Pay somebody for something that you get here for Free?

Kinda reminds me of my old PCA membership..... smile.gif
tod914
Dirty Deeds done dirt cheap. rock_band.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.