Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Suby Conversions
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
76-914
Anyone within the LA. San Diego, Temecula triangle area currently doing a Suby transplant that I could view in person? Or for that matter, a Suby conversion that is presently up on jack stands. I'd like to look over one of these conversions some weekend if you have one. beerchug.gif
ThePaintedMan
QUOTE(76-914 @ Aug 8 2012, 11:14 AM) *

Anyone within the LA. San Diego, Temecula triangle area currently doing a Suby transplant that I could view in person? Or for that matter, a Suby conversion that is presently up on jack stands. I'd like to look over one of these conversions some weekend if you have one. beerchug.gif

I gotta be honest, I'm gaining curiousity in these, but doubt I'll ever get to see one in person. I'm still confused as to what one does about gauges, fuel sender, etc. Hope you find one in progress and can report back!
phatnine11
You thinking about adding a third car to the 914 stable Kent?? popcorn[1].gif
76-914
I'm thinking of adding a Suby engine to a 914. Just haven't decided which one, yet. Sure would like to make RRC or Route 66 in A/C next year. biggrin.gif
strawman
I'm in San Luis Obispo, and I just got started working on my conversion after 8 months of inactivity (move, job change, yada yada); last night I nearly finished the wiring hook-ups between the Suby & 914 harnesses.

You can see my progress at Strawman Rustoration. PM me if you're ever up this way. I hope to update that build blog this weekend...

Geoff
dlo914
VOX and I are in Rosemead, CA. Getting to the final portion of our project .
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=92942
ruby914
I am in Hawthorne near LAX. I also plan to be at Mark's South Bay (LAX) Carb Clinic and Lift Assembly Party, Aug 25th. I will be putting up his lift as he gets his car tuned. lol-2.gif You going? I will take the WRX914.
76-914
QUOTE(strawman @ Aug 8 2012, 02:52 PM) *

I'm in San Luis Obispo, and I just got started working on my conversion after 8 months of inactivity (move, job change, yada yada); last night I nearly finished the wiring hook-ups between the Suby & 914 harnesses.

You can see my progress at Strawman Rustoration. PM me if you're ever up this way. I hope to update that build blog this weekend...

Geoff

Thx Geoff, I've been following your build. A bit too far north but dam that's a beautiful part of CA. Almost bought my first teener from SLO. A res 1.8 LJet w/ AC.

QUOTE(dlo914 @ Aug 8 2012, 03:54 PM) *

VOX and I are in Rosemead, CA. Getting to the final portion of our project .
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=92942

I was hoping you would read this. I followed your thread with interest. Liked your approach. I am interested in seeing your project after this heatwave. barf.gif This reminds me of TX. happy11.gif PM sent for times and location. Thx, kent

QUOTE(ruby914 @ Aug 8 2012, 04:17 PM) *

I am in Hawthorne near LAX. I also plan to be at Mark's South Bay (LAX) Carb Clinic and Lift Assembly Party, Aug 25th. I will be putting up his lift as he gets his car tuned. lol-2.gif You going? I will take the WRX914.

I'll try to make that meet, then. Although I don't run carb's I would like to see your car and maybe that darned poke.gif Mark again. bye1.gif I can't remember; is yours the one with the suby gage cluster? wub.gif Either way I would like to see as many local Suby conversions as possible.
ruby914
Yes, I have the suby gauge cluster. You can find my thread over at NARP.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.