Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Bilsteins- which should I use?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
914_teener
So a question for the collective and gathering parts for the wintertime project:

Got a couple pairs of Billy's from Bruce S for my front end that I am planning on swapping out. Plan was to rebuild the sets and then swap out the a-arms with new ball joints bushings ect.

Currently the car is lowered in the front about 1 -1/2 inches lower than stock spec with the current a-arms not quite parallel to the ground. I run a bump steer kit as well...(although I still get some bump steer).

I noticed that the yellow inserts have shorter piston length but have the same part number.

Question:

Which ones should I run on the car for the current set up and does anybody have any experience on the valving set up for the Billy's? I am told they will rebuild them for $75 each. Car will be street driven mostly.

I am concerned about bottoming out the longer length pistons and busting the valving with the car lowered in the front.

Thanks

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

ChrisFoley
The way to avoid damaging the valves is to install plastic packing washers which prevent the pistons from bottoming.
kerensky
All other things being equal, I'd use the shorter inserts on a lowered car. Not that there's a big difference between those two.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.