Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Joerg Bergmeister loves the 914!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ThePaintedMan
Not sure if you guys have seen this video yet. One of my favorite Porsche factory drivers, Joerg Bergmeister takes Hurley Haywood's 914/6 out for a spin at Willow Springs I think? He has some very nice comments at the end.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xVgR7jzO6fM

seanery
I never liked that the lowback seats didn't offer any head and neck support, but I see there's a workaround in that car - I'll have to remember that when it comes time to rebuild whitey!

Thanks for sharing!
carr914
Of course he like's it, it's one of the few cars he can fit in. It's amazing that the Pit Stops @ Flying Lizard are so fast, because he and Patrick Long are so different height wise

Click to view attachment
carr914
QUOTE(ThePaintedMan @ Aug 9 2012, 12:24 PM) *

Not sure if you guys have seen this video yet. One of my favorite Porsche factory drivers, Joerg Bergmeister takes Hurley Haywood's 914/6 out for a spin at Willow Springs I think? He has some very nice comments at the end.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xVgR7jzO6fM

I do wonder why he wore a Helmet since he wasn't using the Belts - maybe didn't want to bang his head on the roll-bar
jsayre914
QUOTE(carr914 @ Aug 9 2012, 12:42 PM) *

I do wonder why he wore a Helmet since he wasn't using the Belts - maybe didn't want to bang his head on the roll-bar

I was totally thinking the same thing lol

agree.gif
mepstein
I love that. I really need to be a race car driver one day.
Cupomeat
Sorry for my ignorance, but doesn't it get you another level of safety to wear a helmet even if you are just wearing the 3 point belts and not the harness?

As for Joerg, he is fantastic and probably my second favorite GT driver, I just don't want to be in a corvette dragging him to a finish line... LOL
damesandhotrods
The helmet would help to protect his skull and brain, but the downside is it can increase the chances of neck injury.

I thought it was amazing how he could just drive around the 550. It’s kind of sad to time marching on like that.
ConeDodger
QUOTE(Cupomeat @ Aug 9 2012, 09:32 AM) *

Sorry for my ignorance, but doesn't it get you another level of safety to wear a helmet even if you are just wearing the 3 point belts and not the harness?

As for Joerg, he is fantastic and probably my second favorite GT driver, I just don't want to be in a corvette dragging him to a finish line... LOL

Probably one of best finishes in racing that can recall...
hydroliftin
QUOTE(Cupomeat @ Aug 9 2012, 10:32 AM) *

Hey that Corvette had it coming to him.
carr914
QUOTE(Cupomeat @ Aug 9 2012, 01:32 PM) *

But he's not wearing any Belts in the Video. The only Belts in that car are a Full 5 point Harness. The Helmet had to protect him from banging his head. You will notice that when he passes Porsche #1 & the 550, those guys weren't wearing Helmets
Cupomeat
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Aug 9 2012, 03:10 PM) *

QUOTE(Cupomeat @ Aug 9 2012, 09:32 AM) *

Probably one of best finishes in racing that can recall...

Yeah, that Race is the best I'd ever seen for amazing finishes. I was on the edge of my seat. Hell, the corvette did finish... BACKWARDs...

What amazes me is how endurance races can be sprints now and the racers are so closely competitive that they can finish that close after a 6 or 12 or even 24 hr race. AMAZING.
Cupomeat
QUOTE(hydroliftin @ Aug 9 2012, 03:12 PM) *

QUOTE(Cupomeat @ Aug 9 2012, 10:32 AM) *

Hey that Corvette had it coming to him.

No doubt and boy did they whine after than event...
Cupomeat
QUOTE(carr914 @ Aug 9 2012, 03:17 PM) *

QUOTE(Cupomeat @ Aug 9 2012, 01:32 PM) *

But he's not wearing any Belts in the Video. The only Belts in that car are a Full 5 point Harness. The Helmet had to protect him from banging his head. You will notice that when he passes Porsche #1 & the 550, those guys weren't wearing Helmets

Gotcha, So the helmet was for comfort and not for safety. Thanks

Love to see those old cars being driven still.
carr914
Here is the car from about 7 Years ago. I used to visit with Bob Snodgrass everytime I went through Jacksonville. He let me poke in around & under the car - wouldn't let me drive it though sad.gif

Click to view attachment
seanery
962 on the passenger side? Copenhagen car?
carr914
Yep

Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.