Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Custom Emblems
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
A&PGirl
Jim asked me to officially announce that he sold the emblem biz. I stepped up to the plate and we both worked out a deal.

So, emblems will not be available for 6-8 weeks after he ships the equipment to me while I learn the machine & the cad program.

If you had purchased an emblem and paid for by July, Jim will make your emblem and ship it to you.

What do I plan on doing with emblem equipment?

Make emblems. biggrin.gif
I am tentatively planning on having a set number/variety of emblems pre-made that are available for purchase. I am toying with the idea of either plating them in yellow or getting them clear anodized. Painting them black with Wurth paint is not out of the equation either.

Will the pricing change from what Jim charged?
A little. I will be paying for the equipment by selling emblems.

Why did I purchase the emblem biz?
Because it was up for sale. I was the only one who followed through with Jim.

We are both satisfied with the outcome of the purchase/sale and emblems will continue to be made.

Hopefully, this will quell the rumor machine on the status and state of the custom emblems.
wingnut86
So, I have to extend my request for an emblem that stretches across the back of the rear lid for 8 more weeks?

it was a small request that I wanted to spell out...

"Wait for It - - - LEGEND - ARY - 914"

I get 1st dibbs on the idea.

happy11.gif
smj
Thank you Carrie, and thank you Jim. I hope this is a good outcome for everybody.
A&PGirl
Since, I have gotten some nice replies, let's clarify a bit more.

Right, I am not responsible for emblems that have been paid for and not received.

Jim, is going to roll out as many as possible as his health and time permits before shipping everything to me. This was a provision in the purchase agreement I insisted on.

Look, here is what I'm willing to do. This requires you to treat me decently. IF, you have not received an emblem I could make it pro-bono after I have figured out everything and have practiced.

IM101
QUOTE(wingnut86 @ Aug 9 2012, 07:41 PM) *

So, I have to extend my request for an emblem that stretches across the back of the rear lid for 8 more weeks?

it was a small request that I wanted to spell out...

"Wait for It - - - LEGEND - ARY - 914"

I get 1st dibbs on the idea.

happy11.gif

lol-2.gif AHAHAHAH! nice! id be in for one of those!

tscrihfield
Carrie,
Let me know when you recv the equipment and get up and running!

I have a few I want made.

Thanks,
Thomas
A&PGirl
No problem, Thomas.
Dr Evil
Glad this is continuing. Also glad you are the one to take it on. smile.gif
rhodyguy
congrats on the new project. i'm sure your attention to detail will iron out any kinks.

k
montoya 73 2.0
good job. thumb3d.gif
3d914
OK, I'm not the most "in-touch" person, but could someone post a couple of samples of these emblems? Are they only for glass? Can I apply them to painted surfaces, etc?

If it's what I'm thinking, I have some in mind for the 914-SHO project.
speed metal army
Need some!
A&PGirl
QUOTE(3d914 @ Aug 14 2012, 10:31 PM) *

OK, I'm not the most "in-touch" person, but could someone post a couple of samples of these emblems? Are they only for glass? Can I apply them to painted surfaces, etc?

If it's what I'm thinking, I have some in mind for the 914-SHO project.

The emblems look exactly like the existing 1.7/1.8/2.0/914 on the rear trunk. They are applied with double sided tape. No, they are not for glass. Yes, they can be applied to painted surfaces.

I have looked into casting them like the originals with the little prongs, but casting is expensive.

A&PGirl
See Post #4 People!

WTF.gif Wrong with you guys?

Notice: I'm pulling the Pro-Bono offer in Post #4.
Eric_Shea
WTF.gif is wrong with "WHO" Carrie?

1. You bump a thread from August with some pretty negative speak.
2. You offered a Pro-Bono to "Some" people who got ripped off by Jim.
3. Now you put notice in your thread that you are "backing out of that offer".

What's wrong is pretty clear to me:

Jim took money from people and didn't supply them with the goods. I know Jim. I've tried to contact him... no reply.

You purchased the business from Jim and made some reference to some people that you would "take care of them". You now seem to be backing out of that promise. WTF.gif Carrie.

These people are OUT MONEY and you're asking them WTF is wrong with them? SERIOUSLY?

Let me ask you a few WTF's:

WTF would it take to scratch out a couple emblems for these guys?
WTF is the cost of about 4" of material?
WTF happened to "Customer Service"?
WTF were you thinking when you bought the router, if you don't know how to run it?
WTF would it take to learn?
Seriously? You'd rather cuss these guys out here who are out money and got ripped off rather than figure out a way to be the hero? WTF.
WTF is wrong with these guys? Why not contact Jim and ask him why he took peoples money and didn't offer them the service he promised?? WTF Carrie.

I'll make a deal with you... I'll cover the material cost if you put the time and effort into making these for these guys so I'll NEVER HAVE TO SEE ANOTHER THREAD LIKE THIS ON THESE STUPID EMBLEMS AGAIN!
JStroud
QUOTE(A&PGirl @ Dec 29 2012, 08:13 AM) *

See Post #4 People!

WTF.gif Wrong with you guys?

This post REALLY rubs me the wrong way, if you've had a problem with private request regarding this, seems you should deal with it that way. I see no negative posts in this thread but yours, blasting the population, instead of dealing with the individuals. Not a way to get a business going confused24.gif

Just my opinion.

Jeff
Mike Bellis
I am one of the people Jim owes an emblem. I have used Jim a few times without problems. I know he has health issues, so I didn't bug him. I figured he would get to it eventually.

Then the announcement that you were taking over... mad.gif

I knew at that point I was out my money and would never receive my parts. I don't know you but I do know you charge excessive $$$ for "Bolt Kits". bs.gif

I don't want my emblem from you and Jim can keep my money...
A&PGirl
You don't have a clue what has being going on pms and the other thread.

This is not intended for you guys who noticed it originally this is because others caused shit to hit the fan and I'm sick & tired of it.
Mike Bellis
hissyfit.gif

Either run your business professionally or move on...

Nobody Fuching cares!
ConeDodger
agree.gif with Eric.

I have met Jim. I am aware of how fragile his life is. He can get sick pretty quick and spends at least a few days in the hospital a year. His life has been hell in the last year plus. His wife took off with the kids and held them pretty much incommunicado. I don't think he can even afford a lawyer to get some father's rights. He has gone turtle on this and that isn't the best solution but he has said that as money trickles in, he will make it right. I don't think he should have to.

Is that an excuse to take someone's money and not produce? No. But let's face it. We aren't talking about a great deal of money for these emblems. So, like Mike if it had been me, I would just let it go. It isn't worth the stomach acid it would incite to chase after it. It seems to me that all you people calling for Jim's head over a few bucks need to get some perspective or save your money if a few dollars is so important you have to call names.

Now as for A&P, Jim obviously can't fulfill his obligation after you have the equipment. Some sort of understanding should have been included in the 'deal' regarding what happens to these outstanding obligations. I'm with Eric on this. I think you should just STFU and learn the equipment and I will cover half of what Eric has offered for the material. Trust me on this; you need the good will. I have never seen any value in anything you sell. This was your first chance to 'show some value' and you are fuchin' it up.

Show some character. Trust me. You need to.
RJMII
Hey guys, i truly am sorry I failed.
Thank you to those that are offering help and understanding. My life fell apart and i've been slowly picking up the pieces.

Eric, ive tried calling you a couple of times... I owe you huge amounts of gratitude.
MDG
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Dec 29 2012, 12:30 PM) *

I think you should just STFU and learn the equipment and I will cover half of what Eric has offered for the material. Trust me on this; you need the good will. I have never seen any value in anything you sell. This was your first chance to 'show some value' and you are fuchin' it up.

Show some character. Trust me. You need to.

Perfectly put.

Your business acumen is shockingly bad. The majority of your posts - when you're not hawking something - are filled with attitude and drama. You are rapidly become someone to avoid and you don't even see it.
timothy_nd28
Perhaps a poll should be conducted to see if she needs to be banned from this site.
nsr-jamie
Hello Jim,

I have not heard from you in a while and have been trying to contact you for quite some time with no replys from you. I know life is not easy, but I would like to finish our deal. You have had my package ready and shipped to go for close to 2 years now and I have given you my shipping address several times. I want you to ship my enmblems and my shirt and I don't even care about the RC wheels anymore. Please send my stuff. Thank you

Jamie in Japan
TheCabinetmaker
This thread rocks. stirthepot.gif hitfan[1].gif popcorn[1].gif hide.gif
EdwardBlume
We have some really great members who do amazing things for the love of the 914 and for the people. Attend a WCC or other local event.

I've also personally witnessed some of the most selfless acts of kindness involving members coming together for nothing to help someone. People driving long distances on their own dime to help a world member.

This is really the only reason I come back.

Any vendor walks a fine line providing parts and making cash in the process. However, making a living is a necessity for all of us, AND it is very difficult to do for small production NLA parts.

Think back, most of the 914 parts for a living people I've seen through the years end up in famine. Some are just A-holes.

OK, I'm rambling at this point, but here's what I suggest: figure out what you need to do to make it right. Regardless of the details, Jim needs to be a part of making it right. He sold you an opportunity with a legacy of liabilities. The liabilities are due to people you want to sell product to. If it were me, I'd go back to Jim and ask for a complete list of prepaid orders, and work out how to get that money paid back to for the purchase.

There's always a solution. Good luck. smilie_pokal.gif
RJMII
I'm already on it. :-) Jamie, our deal has changed so much over the course of this so much it got confusing. Between translation errors to having me look for state side parts to hunting down matchbox cars to trading to not trading to looking for more parts to not looking for those parts to back to looking for the original parts to pm's and emails the minute i post that I am working on stuff... it is almost as if you're stalking me and it is getting kind of creepy. I know i have a nice ass and all, but seriously... where do we stand on all of the stuff you keep asking for and trying to trade for?
I have half a notebook page with items you've asked for and changed your mimd about.

-Jim

PS i'm already working on refunds as stated in the other emblem deal bashing thread. I have my list. I started digging through my stuff in storage and it turns out i have emblems that are half finished from all the chaos.
Carrie and I are working together to make sure no one scams her for free emblems.
nsr-jamie
QUOTE(RJMII @ Jan 2 2013, 08:06 AM) *

I'm already on it. :-) Jamie, our deal has changed so much over the course of this so much it got confusing. Between translation errors to having me look for state side parts to hunting down matchbox cars to trading to not trading to looking for more parts to not looking for those parts to back to looking for the original parts to pm's and emails the minute i post that I am working on stuff... it is almost as if you're stalking me and it is getting kind of creepy. I know i have a nice ass and all, but seriously... where do we stand on all of the stuff you keep asking for and trying to trade for?
I have half a notebook page with items you've asked for and changed your mimd about.

-Jim

PS i'm already working on refunds as stated in the other emblem deal bashing thread. I have my list. I started digging through my stuff in storage and it turns out i have emblems that are half finished from all the chaos.
Carrie and I are working together to make sure no one scams her for free emblems.

Jim, I sent my stuff to you quite a while ago so the trade is over, you just never sent your stuff to me. I even paid for the shirt. I am not sure what you mean by the list you that I keep changing my mind, perhaps you are mistaking me with another person. I have done my best to be helpful to you and sent you cool items. I want you to finally send my package, you keep telling me its boxed and ready to go. Please send it. Thank you
Gint
Take it offline already. I'm closing this thread until you guys can get something put together that actually works.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.