Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Anyone come across this before?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
seanery
I came across this page while doing some research on my '50 GMC project.I thought I'd pass it along...Cableshift.com
Mike Bellis
I got inspired by them for my 901 cable shift setup. It seems like a well engineered system with crappy installation instructions. I once downloaded their instructions. They look like a bad copy of a fax copy of a ditto machine copy of a faded news paper.
monkeyboy
I've done more than come across it. I bought one. Been running it for the past six months.

I can't comment to how much better than stock it is... My car was in pieces when I bought it, but I am totally happy with they way it shifts.

The only issue I had with it is that I had to fabricate a plate to bolt into the stock shifter mounts so that the install was clean.
Porschef
QUOTE(monkeyboy @ Aug 13 2012, 02:06 PM) *

I've done more than come across it. I bought one. Been running it for the past six months.

I can't comment to how much better than stock it is... My car was in pieces when I bought it, but I am totally happy with they way it shifts.

The only issue I had with it is that I had to fabricate a plate to bolt into the stock shifter mounts so that the install was clean.

Looks to be a real improvement over the soup pot shifter; it would be interesting to find out how it compares to factory
kevin311
I was inspired by this and Eric tischers site to build my own.
The difference in shifting is night and day, and it cost about $150 total.

Here's a link to my thread.
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=151764
smj
Been thinking about it since somebody mentioned the idea to me in 2006. Kevin's thread was definitely inspirational, and I think that's when I spotted cableshift.com. But once I'd fiddled with the bushings my tailshifter improved quite a bit. Still have to complete that job...

Now the inboard bolt from my "new" 944/951 seatbelts is interfering with the shift rod, but that's a different problem.
76-914
QUOTE(kevin311 @ Aug 13 2012, 02:16 PM) *

I was inspired by this and Eric tischers site to build my own.
The difference in shifting is night and day, and it cost about $150 total.

Here's a link to my thread.
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=151764

Wow, great right up Kev. I don't know how I missed this but then again I forgot what I had for breakfast already so I might have read it and don't remember. av-943.gif
DBCooper
I remember Cableshifter was pretty expensive for what you got, but don't remember the details. At the time he didn't have the rear part either, just the shifter itself.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.