Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Doing some winter cleaning.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
dlo914
So i finally found the time to clean out the teeners interior, well actually i was obligated to clean her out. finger.gif DAMN RAIN! soaked the carpeting on the driver side!!! finger.gif argh headbang.gif o wells. so i took out both seats and the carpeting. there's quite a nice build up of gunk on the floor boards. recommend anything to remove the gunk other than a good scrubing? o and would it be logical to line the floor bloards with rhino lining? i remember reading this on another thread. o and was it MorphenSpectra that is selling AM carpeting?
SirAndy
no, no lining. all that'll do is hide the rust. if your car is leaking, it's already there ...

do the "crunch" test, remove the carpet behind the seats, and press down on the lower part of the ribs. if you hear it crunch, you got rust under the tar-mats ...

yes, those are tar-mats glued to the floor and painted in body-color.
they're a bitch to get out (heat-gun and scraper) and if you fail the crunch-test, you *will* have a lot of rust under there ...

smash.gif Andy
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.