914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
billh1963
Craiglist ad

IPB Image

IPB Image
Mikey914
L98-B????
billh1963
Per the VIN database color chart, 98 is a Porsche custom color?
Mikey914
my 75 was L98-B lime metalic green. Look like my old one, the same year, I'm thinking the same?
SirAndy
QUOTE(billh1963 @ Aug 12 2012, 05:49 PM) *
it's a paint to sample

Nope. 99 is paint to sample.

98 is custom Porsche color. Meaning, any Porsche color that was not standard for the 914 that year.
popcorn[1].gif
sixnotfour
??? Rallye Green
http://paintref.com/cgi-bin/chipdisplay.cg...anuf=Volkswagen
euro911
It looks like the color the first edition of Hot Wheels Matchbox 914s were icon8.gif (not one of my favourite colours)

Click to view attachment
rnellums
Lime green? confused24.gif
billh1963
Probably lime green...I like it!
rnellums
You should probably buy it! Especially since it is a rare color! biggrin.gif It looks really clean - The Fuchs look clean enough to eat off of.
SUNAB914
No#7 Bill?
billh1963
QUOTE(SUNAB914 @ Aug 13 2012, 11:21 AM) *

No#7 Bill?

No!!!! biggrin.gif

My 7th 914 will be a LE or a nice 6 conversion.

Before I do that; however, I will get another 911. I am having withdrawals. Will most likely be an SC this time around or a late '80's G50 car. driving.gif
iamchappy
I've had my eye on that one for awhile now, must assume it will have rust in the proper places for a Minnesota car... but anything is restorable...
rick 918-S
I would own that car if I hadn't just paid the IRS their blood money. The car has a repaint. Look at the emissions sticker. It's been masked off. I'm not sure the photos do that color justice or the curtains don't match the drapes exactly. The space down behind the back pad is much more brilliant that the body finish. BTW: the space behind the back pad is not showing rust at the bottom. That a good sign for the lower firewall. It's going to need a complete disassembly, strip and refinish anyway. That's going to run some serious coin. But some cars are worth doing. I think this is one.

The hell hole looks strong and the doughnut and pan on the right side look unremarkable. A closer look may reveil a different story but I would risk it.
billh1963
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Aug 13 2012, 03:18 PM) *

I would own that car if I hadn't just paid the IRS their blood money. The car has a repaint. Look at the emissions sticker. It's been masked off. I'm not sure the photos do that color justice or the curtains don't match the drapes exactly. The space down behind the back pad is much more brilliant that the body finish. BTW: the space behind the back pad is not showing rust at the bottom. That a good sign for the lower firewall. It's going to need a complete disassembly, strip and refinish anyway. That's going to run some serious coin. But some cars are worth doing. I think this is one.

The hell hole looks strong and the doughnut and pan on the right side look unremarkable. A closer look may reveil a different story but I would risk it.

I love the color...but not at that price. Detractors to me are: 1.8L, single carb, repaint, and unknown rust
rick 918-S
I wouldn't sell this car too short. Based on the long history and documents this may be a diamond in the rough. Sure someone talked the owner into a MN blue collar carb kit and the 1.8 isn't the best engine choice but that's easy to swap out and actually increase the value with a 2.0. Someone in the metro should at least give it a look and report back. idea.gif
billh1963
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Aug 13 2012, 08:36 PM) *

I wouldn't sell this car too short. Based on the long history and documents this may be a diamond in the rough. Sure someone talked the owner into a MN blue collar carb kit and the 1.8 isn't the best engine choice but that's easy to swap out and actually increase the value with a 2.0. Someone in the metro should at least give it a look and report back. idea.gif

I would love to hear report on this car. I absolutely love "in your face" colors like this! evilgrin.gif
speed metal army
Click to view attachment
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Aug 12 2012, 06:04 PM) *

my 75 was L98-B lime metalic green. Look like my old one, the same year, I'm thinking the same?

Uh Mark...wrong color!Let me refresh your memory... And the car is a 76.... biggrin.gif
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
chuckc
not a direct answer, but a good 914 color code link none-the-less: http://www.p914.com/p914_paint_70.htm
tod914
easy to swap out and actually increase the value with a 2.0

Build it up to a 2.0 or more, and leave the L-Jet and 1.8 emblem on it. What a fantastic color! Hope whom ever gets it, does it justice. I even like the luggage rack on it.
davep
REF: 1975 914 1.8
vin 4752902332
Karmann 3829190
Paint 98
poorsche914
QUOTE(billh1963 @ Aug 13 2012, 02:27 PM) *
No#7 Bill?

No!!!! biggrin.gif

Here ya go, Bill... LE Bumblebee just up the road from you in West Virginia.

driving.gif
billh1963
QUOTE(poorsche914 @ Aug 15 2012, 08:59 AM) *

QUOTE(billh1963 @ Aug 13 2012, 02:27 PM) *
No#7 Bill?

No!!!! biggrin.gif

Here ya go, Bill... LE Bumblebee just up the road from you in West Virginia.

driving.gif

No more project cars for me!!!!!!!! biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.