Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Guess What ?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
bandjoey
IGOR, SHE LIVES !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

First start in 12 months!! Did a complete redo of the valve adjustment, blew out the carb jets, and fired it up.

Still need to set the timing, then sync the carbs, and a few checks to drive it out of the garage!

QUESTION? Dellorto 36 (carbs not synced yet, but they're close.
Idles at 1000rpm, advance the throttle to about 2400, and it Suddenly jumps to 3000 rpm without touching the accelerator.

Remember, I still don't know carbs yet. Is this something to do with the carb jumping from the idle circuit to the high speed circuit too soon, somehow? Is there an adjustment for this?

Straighten me out...or is there another reason the rpm would jump so quickly?
Drums66
.....Sounds alot like carbs are,nt synced(hunting)??
hot_shoe914
QUOTE(bandjoey @ Aug 12 2012, 09:20 PM) *

IGOR, SHE LIVES !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

First start in 12 months!! Did a complete redo of the valve adjustment, blew out the carb jets, and fired it up.

Still need to set the timing, then sync the carbs, and a few checks to drive it out of the garage!

QUESTION? Dellorto 36 (carbs not synced yet, but they're close.
Idles at 1000rpm, advance the throttle to about 2400, and it Suddenly jumps to 3000 rpm without touching the accelerator.

Remember, I still don't know carbs yet. Is this something to do with the carb jumping from the idle circuit to the high speed circuit too soon, somehow? Is there an adjustment for this?

Straighten me out...or is there another reason the rpm would jump so quickly?

aktion035.gif aktion035.gif aktion035.gif
rnellums
14.gif red914.jpg
rhodyguy
sounds like one carb may be playing catch up. you won't know for sure til you sync them. i'd make a suggestion but my methods have been termed "half assed".

k
chuckc
aktion035.gif driving.gif
zymurgist
cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif
Grelber
Bill: CONGRATS! Now lets get out and drive.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.