Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: who makes a stock front valance in fiberglass?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
brant
Does anyone know where I can get a stock front valance (under the bumper) in fiberglass?

somewhere I've seen one, but now can't seem to find it
I checked getty, and GT without luck.

brant
Black22
Check QRS in Hemet,CA. I know they make a lot of fiberglass parts for our cars and an LE style front valence.

I have the QRS front LE valence as well as his rocker panels. Think his name is Jeff.
brant
good tip
nice prices

bummer no front stock valance though...
(everyone makes a GT but not stock)

7TPorsh
I think i got mine at performance products...ok except sides look about 1/2 inch short.
7TPorsh
under Automotion.com

http://www.automotion.com/front-valance-pa...-1970-1976.html
matthepcat
Contact QRS. They often can make parts not listed on their website.

Matt
brant
Thanks a ton guys
I will contact qrt too...

Gary,
when you say the sides were short, do you mean they didn't wrap around enough to line up with the wheel wells?

did you have to modify for fitment a lot?

brant
reharvey
I have a stock style fiberglass front valance I would sell but it"s very expensive to ship. Ray
brant
QUOTE(reharvey @ Aug 13 2012, 11:10 AM) *

I have a stock style fiberglass front valance I would sell but it"s very expensive to ship. Ray

I would be interested, but I'm also worried that shipping is going to be outrageous...

I think these resellers get a special rate, because everything I ship as a private individual is costing double what I'm paying companies to send products to me at....

mepstein
Are you doing fiberglass to save weight? Seems like the stock steel valance is pretty light and sure a lot more durable than fiberglass. Just wondering...
brant
QUOTE(mepstein @ Aug 13 2012, 11:28 AM) *

Are you doing fiberglass to save weight? Seems like the stock steel valance is pretty light and sure a lot more durable than fiberglass. Just wondering...

I put an add in the classifieds for a metal one
I think metal would be best for me
I have had to straighten it a couple of times now and realize the glass will shatter rather than bend...

but I'm also considering glass because it will be lighter and is easier to find quickly (in case I don't find a good/reasonable metal one in the next week or two)
7TPorsh
QUOTE(brant @ Aug 13 2012, 10:07 AM) *

Thanks a ton guys
I will contact qrt too...

Gary,
when you say the sides were short, do you mean they didn't wrap around enough to line up with the wheel wells?

did you have to modify for fitment a lot?

brant

Yup, not sure if it's supposed to but a little short...also have the original steel one; a little dented..thought a replacement was cheaper solution for my purposes.

Actually not too bad now that I isolate the image:

Click to view attachment
mepstein
QUOTE(brant @ Aug 13 2012, 01:33 PM) *

QUOTE(mepstein @ Aug 13 2012, 11:28 AM) *

I put an add in the classifieds for a metal one
I think metal would be best for me
I have had to straighten it a couple of times now and realize the glass will shatter rather than bend...

but I'm also considering glass because it will be lighter and is easier to find quickly (in case I don't find a good/reasonable metal one in the next week or two)

I bought a fiberglass gt valance made by qrs but I know after the first parking curb I hit, it will be toast. Shipped by a world member by greyhound for ~25-35 - can't remember exactly. I agree, shipping has become very expensive lately. Guys at the bike shop I used to work say it's doubled in the last couple years. Bikes used to ship for 25-50, now it's 100-150. They use ups. Can't say I love greyhound but it does seem to work for oversize parts.
underthetire
I have a front steel one for sale....

Shipping is kinda high though.
r_towle
a.i.r has hem , $130 bucks

http://www.americaninternationalracing.com...46&page=108
brant
Thanks again guys.
I have a couple of local leads I'm going to work on and hope to save on shipping...

I DO appreciate the info here though and the prices of a Fiberglass are a good deal.

brant
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.