Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FS: 2,056 CC engine kit
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
TonyBray
I have an engine "kit" ready to be installed in your type 4 case. The kit includes:

Rimco counterbalanced crank
2.0 Connecting rods
JE 96mm forged pistons with cylinders and pins/rings
Weber 76 cam (270ยบ 0.323" Low end torque; street or van) with lifters
Porsche 3 stud 2.0 liter heads with 46mm SS intakes and 38mm exhaust valves, double valve springs
High RPM rocker setup with solid spacers and chromoly pushrods.
Deep sump oil sump
High pressure oil pump
External oil cooler adapter
lightened flywheel
New Sachs clutch and pressure plate
Porsche P9201 Engine fixture with stand
New push rod tubes

These parts are used. The original engine builder used the wrong main bearings and they turned during cam breakin. You will need your case, new main bearings, cam bearings, a gasket set and patience to have a high-revving torquey type 4. I got the engine a while back and finally took it apart. Everything is in great shape except the case where the dowel pin for one bearing turned. The bearings are softer than the crank so the crank is fine. I will also include Jake Raby's "Bug Me" video that shows a full teardown and rebuild. I have watched it enough to know it by heart lol. I will also throw in all the sealants Jake uses to build a leak free type 4 and a chart that shows where to use them.

Asking $2,500. These parts are HEAVY so local pickup is best, I live in Wildomar, Ca. I can offer build assistance via phone or email.
PM me for contact info.

--Tony
http://gumby912.servebeer.com
Gunther
This set up looks cool. Do ypu have any HP numbers? What was the compression ratio you were running? Where did you get the cylinders?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.