Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: removing rear hubs tip
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
cgnj
Hi,

I had done this job 11 or 12 years ago on BlackJack, a non rusty car. Two blows per side with the the slide hammer and I was done. Had access to a very rusty 70 and and it was miserable.

Used PB Blaster (couldn't find my can of Kroil), 29 mm impact socket (30mm just catches the bearing), 6in. extension, and a maul. Waited for the car to break in half with every blow. My arm is tired but they are finally out.

This was a one owner car who said it was one of the first 15 in country. Doesn't belong to me, so I'm not free to reveal the VIN. Was bought for $150. I know the owner has joined so maybe he'll update.

Carlos
infraredcalvin
Was just trying to do that yesterday but with trailing arms off and on a press, didn't have the right jig so gave up - for now...
76-914
QUOTE(cgnj @ Aug 13 2012, 01:43 PM) *

Hi,

I had done this job 11 or 12 years ago on BlackJack, a non rusty car. Two blows per side with the the slide hammer and I was done. Had access to a very rusty 70 and and it was miserable.

Used PB Blaster (couldn't find my can of Kroil), 29 mm impact socket (30mm just catches the bearing), 6in. extension, and a maul. Waited for the car to break in half with every blow. My arm is tired but they are finally out.

This was a one owner car who said it was one of the first 15 in country. Doesn't belong to me, so I'm not free to reval the VIN. Was bought for $150. I know the owner has joined so maybe he'll update.

Carlos

Wow, I never had one that loose. It's a Fn war every time I've done it.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.