Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: two 914s
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
shoguneagle
Gentlemen:

I recently came across two 914s. One is a roller I am going to take and make a trailer for my 914-Sixer; the other is a 1974 without any engine. There are two transmissions along with enough parts to complete a runing car. I believe there is a 2.0 four with carbs which needs rebuilding, flywheel, etc.

Just wondering what the values are for these cars/parts and if anyone is interested in them. I can go to California and inspect them.

Please let me know opinions, value, etc. I do not know if their any rust in the complete 1974 rolling chassis, but can find out.

Just wondering what the values are and it does need discussing. At this time the cars are not being put up for sale. This is the reasoning in bringing the information into the garage forum.

Later 'Gator,

Steve
JoeSharp
Hey Steve, where are they so I can go buy them out from under you.
Rollers go from $250 to $2500 depending on the rust. I'm sure this is a lot of help. I am always looking for a roller so if I can help let me know. Maybe I can save you some gas.
shoguneagle
HA! HA! Joe. They are located somewhere in the Western Frontier which is west of the Mississippi River; South of the Canadian Border; and, North of the Mexican Border. Maybe that places them in Texas!!!

Seriously, thanks, Joe, for the eval on the rolling chassis. I think he just wants to get rid of them since he needs room for his other cars and projects. I should be getting a list of the spare parts. There should be enough to build a complete car.

The shorts parts list includes a complete 2.0 Four engine which needs to be rebuilt; he has carbs, two transmissions - one has a broken ear, the other good to go; two rolling chassis - the good one needs to be looked at for rust and the other one is only good for making a trailer (completely stripped down except for suspension front and back; all the sheet metal are on both cars; etc.

I know he has little parts such as head light motors, etc. which I will have to get a list.

I do not want any part or profit from this transaction since I am helping a friend. This is part of my hobby which my goal is not to make money but to enjoy it totally. If I find parts I will pass them on at whatever actual costs incurred. In this case, it will be his costs, any transportation costs, and such.

Later 'Gater,
Steve

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.