Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What to do with old '75 Parts
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
tracks914
A few years back I bought a complete '75 2.0. I'm using the engine from it in my '73 GT.
After 2 complete frame up restorations I don't know if I want to do another one right now. (Especially a '75)
I pretty much have a complete car, chassis is stripped to the bone and needs the usual work, (73)1.7 engine is in a crate but needs a rebuild, and the rest is stored between my attic, garage and shed.
Not sure to part it out or hang on to it for a few more years.
Some of the parts just take up too much room and I don't think they have much value as shipping from Timmins can be costly.
So what to do with things like:
Original exhaust and rusty heater parts (all functional but rusty)
Air pump and associated piping
Bumpers and covers (sun worn but no tears)

Is anyone rebuilding '75's that would make it worth hanging on to these?
Tx
Doug
AZ914
When I backdated my 75 (bumpers, exhaust) etc. I found the same problem with the bumper cores. The fogs and bumperettes went quick. I have decent rubber covers but they are expensive to ship. If yours are good, I may hang on to them, maybe give them away at a meet or something.

As far as the manifolds, heat exchangers, and muffler/hanger.. if they are servicable, I'd hang on to them. My exchangers were toast but did find someone that wanted the manifolds, cooling tins, and other heater parts.

Regarding the air pump and piping, probably not worth a lot but some people need them to pass emissions. I'd start with a low price or even free+shipping over in the classifieds.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.