Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Jets and things
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
hot_shoe914
What would be the ideal jet sizes and such for a stock 2.0L motor with Weber 40IDFs. confused24.gif

TIA,

Shoe
brant
depends on a lot of things

altitude
venturi's
redline (or rpm that you intend to use it at)
build specs
idles
etubes
etc
etc
etc....

(mostly altitude though)
hot_shoe914
build specs

a stock 2.0L motor in Memphis, Tn
mrbubblehead
shoe, do you have access to an A/F gauge?
hot_shoe914
QUOTE(mrbubblehead @ Aug 14 2012, 09:57 PM) *

shoe, do you have access to an A/F gauge?

No sir.
mrbubblehead
to dial it in perfect, you really need one.... i think aircooled,net rents a portable unit. or you could step up and buy an in dash unit for about 200 bucks. if you get ahold of one i will walk you thru it step by step. we'll get it to yield the best power AND mpg with no flat spots....
bandjoey
U can also eat at Corkies BBQ 4 hours early then visit Elvis' jet and through the gassious haze the size will come to U. chowtime.gif

I've search the Samba on carb questions and found a Lot of answers there.
Black22
I just got an Innovate MTX-L kit. Includes digital gauge, 8ft lead and the O2 sensor for $158 shipped. Have yet to install it, but looks nice and will definitely do the trick.

I hope 8ft is long enough! Gauge has a 1ft additional lead and the sensor has another 16". 10ft total should get me to be ashtray location. Fingers crossed!
ww914
Hey Mike, where did you buy it for that price?
Black22
Amazon.com
rhodyguy
#s on a set of italian 40s i used to run on a stock 2.0 w/ what i presumed was a stock grind cam. nice bottom end response, pretty smooth transition and worked well from sea level to 6500ft +/-. low 20s around town to 29 fw mpg with plenty of pass/mountain power . i've never gauged them to see if they have reamed. yrmv. hope this helps.

1.25 main jets
F11 emulsion tubes
1.80 air correction
50 idles

k
hot_shoe914
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Aug 15 2012, 10:48 AM) *

#s on a set of italian 40s i used to run on a stock 2.0 w/ what i presumed was a stock grind cam. nice bottom end response, pretty smooth transition and worked well from sea level to 6500ft +/-. low 20s around town to 29 fw mpg with plenty of pass/mountain power . i've never gauged them to see if they have reamed. yrmv. hope this helps.

1.25 main jets
F11 emulsion tubes
1.80 air correction
50 idles

k

Thanks for the info.
maf914
For years I ran a set of 40 IDF carbs on my 2.0 with mild cam and mild porting with the following jetting. Very responsive and around 30 mpg on the road.

28 venturis
120 mains
210 air correction
50 idle
F11 emulsion
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.