Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 1976 Malaga
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Originality and History
rex66m
Here some pics of my 76 model, 100% original paint and interior, 39k. Crazy to find an original car like this - just trying to keep it that way. - rex in al
tod914
Beautiful car Rex. Recently aquire it?
rex66m
Thanks! Had it about a year and a half. Guess I can't say it is completely original in its current state (fake fuchs), but the PO did give me the original steelies w/ it. Have done a decent amount to it already, but mostly just maintenance (new shocks/springs, fuel pump, cluster rebuild, sp wires, etc.).

See that you have an ultra low-miler. Love that Ravenna green. What the story w/ yours?
tod914
Thanks for the compliment. It's very retro looking. Took me close to 15 years to find one in that color. The car was on Pano about a year ago. One owner out of Pittsburg PA. Mainly used as a weekend car. Was sitting for a very long time, uncovered in his garage. Took the better part of 9 months to go through it. Paint and interior had a film all over it. Turned out nice though. Was quite amazed to see the car was never tampered with. Have to put together a detailed thread on it at some point.
Dave Cheek has one like yours. Nicest 914 I've seen yet! Very low milage, Maluga red. Very nice color. Dave is the original owner too.
I'm one of the few rubber bumper fans. I think it makes the car look more streamline. Good luck with it!
dcheek
You have my vote for the color and bumper style. And those plaid seats, WOW! What a find. "Preservation NOT Restoration", it's only original once. Todd is the expert on how to clean and preserve everything on a 914. Good luck, and keep us posted as to what you are doing.
Click to view attachment

Dave
rex66m
QUOTE(dcheek @ Aug 28 2012, 07:47 AM) *

You have my vote for the color and bumper style. And those plaid seats, WOW! What a find. "Preservation NOT Restoration", it's only original once. Todd is the expert on how to clean and preserve everything on a 914. Good luck, and keep us posted as to what you are doing.
Click to view attachment

Dave

That is a sweet, original car. what is the vin? mine's #2500.
Pat Garvey
QUOTE(rex66m @ Aug 30 2012, 09:38 PM) *

Click to view attachment

Dave

Yeppir! Sweat!
dcheek
QUOTE(rex66m @ Aug 30 2012, 07:38 PM) *

You have my vote for the color and bumper style. And those plaid seats, WOW! What a finin . "Preservation NOT Restoration", it's only original once. Todd is the expert on how to clean and preserve everything on a 914. Good luck, and keep us posted as to what you are doing.
Click to view attachment

Dave

Vin is 3411. Thanks.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.