Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: My new 2270 - thanks Original Customs!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Jerry75914
Hello all!

I wanted to give a shout out to Mark at Original Customs. A lot of us here have dealt with him already, and for anyone that is considering having him do some work for them I highly recommend him.

I brought him boxes of parts that he turned into something glorious. There was a donor 1.7 case, Raby 2270 kit, Weber 44IDFs, Mallory dizzy and Hyfire box and a Triad exhaust. Mark built the motor, and then installed it in my '75 914. The result is just awesome. For anyone wondering if the hype around the Big4s is deserved...YES it is! I've been driving a stockish 1.8 L-Jet...and I had to floor it to keep up with traffic...now I'm passing a couple cars at a time int he mountains and constantly having to back off the throttle around town. It has totally transformed the car and the driving experience... I freakin' love it!

Through it all, Mark was great. He lived up to his committments every time, and was really great about giving me his insights and opinions about products that might work better than what I had planned on using in a way that wasn't pushy, just him giving me his two cents (which I mostly took him up on!). We had a couple oil leaks pop up during break-in, and at the 500 mile service he took care of them, free of charge. I think that says a lot about his committment as a builder. He's a guy you can trust...Lord knows there aren't many around...if he wasn't so damn scruffy I might have even kissed him on the cheek! smilie_pokal.gif

Yes, the downsides of carbs vs. fuel injection are true...yes they take forever to warm up and run right...yes the wifey complains about the smell of unleaded...yes the idle is different from stoplight to stoplight...and YES it's worth it!!!

Click to view attachmentClick to view attachment
NORD

Looks Great!!! Nice and clean. Enjoy driving.gif
Jerry75914
thanks! It was a long time a comin', but worth it!
bcheney
Looks great! Must be a blast....I like the color of your car smile.gif
speed metal army
We dont have an Original Customs in my neck of the woods.The more I hear about Mark I wish we did!Have fun!
biosurfer1
not to mention he's so sexy he could hang with the best boy bands around! biggrin.gif
Click to view attachment
Elliot Cannon
QUOTE(biosurfer1 @ Aug 14 2012, 09:09 PM) *

not to mention he's so sexy he could hang with the best boy bands around! biggrin.gif
Click to view attachment

It's been said he can polish chrome using only his hair! av-943.gif
Jerry75914
Yellow...there is no substitute biggrin.gif
ConeDodger
QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Aug 14 2012, 08:16 PM) *

QUOTE(biosurfer1 @ Aug 14 2012, 09:09 PM) *

Click to view attachment

It's been said he can polish chrome using only his hair! av-943.gif

OMG! What have I done! sad.gif
McMark
Thanks Jerry! Glad you're enjoying it. signal914.jpg (since we don't have yellow).

if he wasn't so damn scruffy I might have even kissed him on the cheek!

Yeah, you cracked the code of why I don't shave. grouphug.gif

not to mention he's so sexy he could hang with the best boy bands around!

You cut out the best part of the picture, and left the rest... dry.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(McMark @ Aug 15 2012, 09:42 AM) *
You cut out the best part of the picture

agree.gif biggrin.gif
gothspeed
More pics and sound vid if possible biggrin.gif!!! Also what brand of insulation is that on the firewall ?
Jerry75914
I'll try to post more pics and sound tonight...the Triad is great! I used Fatmat when I re-did the interior and had a bunch left over. My soundpad in the engine compartment was long gone from a PO...all I had was the ugly glue residue, so I figured why not? It has held up great for about a year now, and with tow layers on the inside of the cabin as well, it's fairly quiet.

-Jerry
ottox914
That motor looks super clean, I mean the install as well as the motor. Enjoy, Enjoy, ENJOY!!!

Congrats!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.