Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Hello from a new member
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
gus91326
Hello, all-

I'm a new member and just purchased a 74 914. This car has had the small block conversion done to it. It looks like it has already been upgraded to the 911-type suspension in the front and rear with weld-in reinforcements completed as well. The body has had the 914-6 flares grafted on too. It needs some electrical and interior work done to it.

I've been reviewing a lot of the info on here and am grateful for the wealth of knowledge, especially in the electrical and suspension arena.

The car will be a fun little driver- I always liked the body style of the cars!
Jeffs9146
welcome.png

And

thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif

Sorry I had to be the first to do that!! beerchug.gif
Drums66
....WELCOME...
jsayre914
welcome.png

and

aktion035.gif
Great to have you
JawjaPorsche
welcome.png
but we still need pictures!
aharder
welcome.png
zymurgist
welcome.png
seanery
welcome.png
rick 918-S
welcome.png thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif
Tom
Yep, what they said! Welcome and best of luck with your new car. smile.gif
Tom
ww914
Welcome, you found the site to get any information you need about 914s. If one of these people haven't done it, it hasn't been done. Now, with that, get your camera out.
smj
welcome.png
QUOTE(ww914 @ Aug 15 2012, 02:51 PM) *
Now, with that, get your camera out.

They're relentless. They can't be bargained with. They can't be reasoned with. They don't feel pity, or remorse, or fear. And they absolutely will not stop, ever, until ... you post pics of your car! biggrin.gif
Rand
QUOTE(ww914 @ Aug 15 2012, 03:51 PM) *

Welcome, you found the site to get any information you need about 914s. If one of these people haven't done it, it hasn't been done. Now, with that, get your camera out.

laugh.gif
It's true, Guster. smile.gif The more you share, the more help you'll get. And if you share too much (impossible) you'll get the most help.

We are alll curious.
gus91326
Pics!

gus91326
pics!
gus91326
Pics!
gus91326
Engine...
gus91326
Since I've owned the car (about a month) I re-carpeted the car, got a pair of reupholstered seats, changed the door panels, changed the engine/gear oil, fixed a leak at the angle drive, changed the shifter bushings, replaced the tires, fixed the headlights, got a matching rear turn signal lens, added some better seat belts.

I'm looking at:
- getting the brakes rebuilt
- getting the rear trunk/hatch back to stock
- getting the tach to read v8 signals
- rebuilding the front/rear suspension
- Finding a solution for the weak trans
billh1963
WoW!!! You jumped right in smile.gif

welcome.png
ConeDodger
welcome.png
Krieger
Wow! Nice looking car. I really like the look of your front and rear lids. A welcome.png
Rand
QUOTE(Krieger @ Sep 13 2012, 12:22 PM) *

Wow! Nice looking car. I really like the look of your front and rear lids. A welcome.png

Interesting though, I wonder if looks of the lids were more considered than function. Somehow I would have expected more hot air exit in the front (or are there also fender exits?), and better cold intake in the rear based on the natural air flow tendencies. idea.gif

Gus, how do the temps run? Does it ever tend to run hot?

You jumped right into an amazing car. Holy cow, this thing must be a total blast. A lot of work went into that build. Thanks for sharing the pics.
VRROOMM1
welcome.png nice car!
gus91326
For the front, it has what looks reminds me of a "cowl induction" scoop found on old Camaros- I'm not sure what effect it has on airflow. I plan on putting some tufts of fabric and see which way they flow while driving. I do have cutouts in the wheel well for air extraction.

The decklid is not my cup of tea. The previous owner told me he was planning on trying to refine it and making fiberglass versions of it. If anybody wants it, feel free to PM me. Make me an offer! biggrin.gif

My goal is to install a GT style engine cover (already in my garage) and a fiberglass decklid to get some of the weight off the rear of the car.
zymurgist
Nice conversion!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.