Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Monterey Car Week 2012 - show your pics here
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Michael N
So I had the day off today so I shot over to Monterey to take in some of the Car Week activities. Wednesday is one of the slowest activity days of the week but my kids and I had a blast anyways. We started off at the Big Little Car Show in Pacific Grove. The biggest car in the show was this 914 from Arizona. Check out this little bubble car (Trident). My kids also met Wayne Carini from Chasing Classic Cars which was cool.

We then went over to the RM auction staging area to check out the auction cars for Friday and Saturday. Tons of eye candy cars there. Planning on hitting up the Mecum auction in the morning then down to Carmel to see the Pebble Beach cars finish up their driving tour. I will be attending some free seminars in the afternoon. The beautiful cars were all over town. I will be driving my wife's 914LE back in the morning to represent.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
jim_hoyland
Great pics ! Thanks for sharing smile.gif
smj
I've been given a complimentary "Admission & Paddock" ticket for the Motorsports Reunion. Any tips would be welcome, I expect I'll have to head out around 5AM from Berkeley... But definitely taking the camera, and have to think about a second battery.
strawman
I saw that #82 Gulf blue 914 driving around San Luis Obispo on Saturday. It sounded good, but I couldn't get up too close to it in traffic to get a good look at it. Not too thrilled about the chopped top, but it was certainly trick-looking!
matthepcat
Anyone going to more events this weekend?

http://www.montereycarweek.com/Events.html

Looks like there is a Cars & Coffee & a free rally on Carmel Valley Rd which should be pretty epic Saturday morning. driving.gif
biosurfer1
I'll be there Saturday with Justin and Brian...plan is to check out Mecum in the morning then we have tickets to the races for the afternoon.
Michael N
Another perfect day in Monterey today. Started off at Mecum at 10am. Parking was on the golf course which allowed so good scenery for photos. Kathy N was very proud of her car today as we did not see another 914 in town but she received many great comments on here car and many people walked over to check it out in the parking lot on the golf course. I love the fact that she loves her car.

Went to Carmel to see the Pebble Beach cars and the went to a collectors car seminar held by Haggerty at the Marriot downtown. Haggerty seminar was awesome and also included free passes to get into the Russo and Steel auction. I will attend their sessions in years to come as it was free and really informative.

I have to work the next several days but need to figure out how to get back there on Saturday evening or Sunday.

Click to view attachment

Eric_Shea
I see a shiny caliper peeking out saying hello. Do they flex? lol3.gif

Beautiful car and wife!

My painter is there with a Jaguar.
Michael N
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Aug 17 2012, 04:42 AM) *

I see a shiny caliper peeking out saying hello. Do they flex? lol3.gif

I can't say that I have ever noticed any flex. Maybe if the car wasn't so light and these brakes stopping power so great, I would be on the pedal long enough to tell you if there was flex. laugh.gif
New River KTM
The "Gulf" 914 is the creation of my brother's here in Scottsdale, AZ. The car started off as a pretty poor beater with not much going for it. He works for a large car collection here in AZ and has been very active for the past 20 years building and restoring "other's" pride and joys. So when it came time to build his own he decided to go a different path. From the front to back, you can see the 916 front with shaved fender tops and GTP style fender cutouts behind the front wheels. The front windshield frame was pie cut and layed back and roll bar height corrected. The reat quarter panels were cut and widened (all steel work) to make room for the Gotti rims. The doors are pushed out around 2 inches and the total width increase is about 4 inches in the back. The entire car has a full roll cage front to back tying all suspension points in and custom rocker panels were also created. The top is removeable with 3 bolts and 2 pins the front end has 911 brakes and suspension. The motor has a light cam and was running dual webers but some issues prior to Monterey forced us to go back to the single PIR to get to Cali on time. If you see the car zippin around Monterey give it 2 thumbs up it is a great thing when a vision comes to plan and that plan is your own.
smj
welcome.png And your brother did an awesome job, that is one great-looking build.
sixnotfour
agree.gif
welcome.png
beerchug.gif
LotusJoe
IMHO the most interesting Porsche this year at Monterey.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Gustl
QUOTE(LotusJoe @ Aug 20 2012, 09:45 PM) *

IMHO the most interesting Porsche this year at Monterey.

the license plate tells me it's the ex Strähle race car idea.gif

aktion035.gif aktion035.gif aktion035.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.