Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New - Dansk heater flapper boxes
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
DRPHIL914
After trying to clean up my old ones repaint them etc, they have hot air blow-by -

Did not know these were availble new -

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Porsche-914-4-Heat...r-/140688988912

a little pricey, but if the inside baffle is letting hot air thru in the closed position like mine do, might be a nice option

poorsche914
Maybe save yourself $60 on the pair HERE

Similar part number 022-256-206 vs 021-256-206. Looks the same to me. Can anyone verify? confused24.gif

driving.gif
zymurgist
These are different for 1.7s vs. 2.0s?
Cap'n Krusty
Different for VWs and Porsches. Look at the 2 pictures: Note the orientation of the arm in each picture. Cutting and welding is required to fit the VW unit to a Porsche.

The Cap'n
poorsche914
Thanks, Cap'n.
I noticed that after I posted. dry.gif

driving.gif
Cap'n Krusty
QUOTE(poorsche914 @ Aug 16 2012, 07:26 AM) *

Thanks, Cap'n.
I noticed that after I posted. dry.gif

driving.gif

I speak from experience, having welded a BUNCH of 'em over the years.

The Cap'n
Tom_T
QUOTE(Philip W. @ Aug 16 2012, 05:33 AM) *

After trying to clean up my old ones repaint them etc, they have hot air blow-by -

Did not know these were availble new -

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Porsche-914-4-Heat...r-/140688988912

a little pricey, but if the inside baffle is letting hot air thru in the closed position like mine do, might be a nice option

Shop around & find/use discounts & sales for a bit better price, but Dansk is an OEM/OES supplier to Porsche nowadays on these, mufflers, etc. for the 914s. IIRC some sell them at $110-120-ish.

If you're a PCA member, then you may get a discount of 20% from a local Porsche dealer if they carry them.

Kap'n K has the skinny on the VW ones, as he said - having cut-n-pasted them before! biggrin.gif
ChrisFoley
Orientation of the arm is not the only difference.
The outlet tube is aimed differently on VW units VS 914.

Both items pictured are VW units.
However, since the outlet attachment is with a flex hose, they are still usable.
Real 914 flapper boxes are NLA.

Click to view attachment
Cap'n Krusty
T1 (late) and T2 are different, at least for the levers. As was mentioned above, the angle difference is of no real importance.

The Cap'n
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.