Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fall Foilage Pics
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Events Forum > Past Event Planning Threads
jim912928
Fall Foilage was fun!!!!...and it was definitely fall with plenty of wet stuff...great people, great cars...what more can you ask for!
jim912928
another
jim912928
another
jim912928
another
jim912928
saturday morning....
jim912928
another...
jim912928
another....
jim912928
another...
Joe Ricard
4th picture had the Aliens big fat butt in it.

The 1st artsy fartsy pic is REALLY cool. Perfect place for the teener UNDER COVER.
SpecialK
Nice pics Jim!! I especially like the covered bridge pic....framable!

You'll notice that in the early Sat. morning pics everything was nice and dry, and the late morning pics the area was soaked....well here's my theory. Driving the Jeep Cherokee at highway speed causes a large low pressure area to form behind it. This low pressure area (that wouldn't have been present had I had my 914 drivable for the FFC) appearantly latched on to a storm front present in Pacific, MO at the time of my departure, and literally towed the rain all the way to Columbus, IN...........I may have to change my screen name to "Rainman", "GulleyWasher", or some other appropriate ID wink.gif (Especially since I was informed that "Special K" is also a 'recreational drug' reference confused24.gif ....news to me, I thought I knew them all smoke.gif )
jim912928
Also...we have very scientific instruments for measuring rainfall...it's amazing how one end of the parking lot at the Inn received more rain then the southern end. By official rain fall measurements the north end of the Inn's lot received about 1/2" of total rainfall per the very precise rain gauge volumetric device...the 914 rear trunk volumetric measuring device. The south end received only 1/4".
ThinAir
Great pictures! Thanks!

I've never seen those "cab covers" before - the ones that cover only the windshield, roof, side windows, and engine grill. How do they attach and where can they be obtained? They look like a great solution to keeping leaves and pine needles out of the engine compartment.
Doug Leggins
WOW great pics Jim. I agree with Kevin that first one is fantastic!

I've never seen those "cab covers" before - the ones that cover only the windshield, roof, side windows, and engine grill. How do they attach and where can they be obtained?

Ernie- The cover is called the "umbrella cover". Check in the 914 Resourcers, Parts, Products area and/or perform a search for "Perry Kiehl". Perry makes the covers. After seeing the cars in the rain this weekend, I'll be purchasing one soon.
Curvie Roadlover
Great Pics Jim clap56.gif agree.gif
seanery
Great Pics Jim!! smilie_pokal.gif

I'll second (or third) the Perry Kiehl umbrellas. I'd seen them before but never touched them, they are absolutely fantastic!
Perry goes by 9146986 on this club site.
IronHillRestorations
I really thought I'd be able to pull off coming to that event, but without a 914 that I'd trust to make the trip (don't want to bring the "new 914" to another "real" 914 event), and some conflicts, I couldn't come sad.gif

Always next year...

Looks like a good size group, I'm sure you all had a great time.

Back when we had the first few 914 events, in MO and AR we used to say "this weekend 914 event, next weekend Betty Ford Clinic" that is unless you had packed your liver in Nomex. biggrin.gif

PK
dralf
drooley.gif
Great pictures....rubs salt into my wounds for I wanted so bad to attend this year. Attending will be a #1 priority for the next gathering.
URY914
Great pics.

You guys are going to force me into buying a street car just so I can come to these things. biggrin.gif

Paul
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.