Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Track day in my 240Z
914World.com > The 914 Forums > The Paddock
ConeDodger
I went up to Thunderhill with my 240Z this last weekend. I had planned on using my 914 but when I went to load it on the trailer I discovered a right rear brake fluid leak and it was too late to fix it.
The car is being filmed from behind by my friend Bill in a nearly identical '73 240Z that does 2:05's at THill... I am in the 2:30 and less range so I have some learning to do in the car

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=akqw32y9WDE
BKLA
first.gif
brant
fun.

thanks for sharing
VaccaRabite
Every time I see a nice 240Z I remember being 5 years old in 1980 promising myself I would own one when I got older. Every damn time.

Zach
DanT
Wide entry
Late APEX
Wide exit

driving.gif
Madswede
Nice video. I've always liked the 240Z ... that's just made me like it more. first.gif
Woody
We have a couple of those running FP in our local AX venue. Awesome cars.
MDG
Looks like a blast! Your car looks fantastic - I've always loved 240Z's.

That yellow Camaro looked HUGE going by. Like a truck compared to the two Datsuns.
ConeDodger
QUOTE(MDG @ Aug 18 2012, 02:57 PM) *

Looks like a blast! Your car looks fantastic - I've always loved 240Z's.

That yellow Camaro looked HUGE going by. Like a truck compared to the two Datsuns.

Yellow Camaro had a problem matching his revs for his downshifts. He is in front of me going into 14/15 and chirps his tires with his brakes on during the turn. Not a great place to shift. He ultimately got black flagged and ignored it - had to take a trip to the tower to talk to Mom and Dad...
OmaPossu
Nice car! One day..
mittelmotor
Thanks for posting! Love the orig. Z, really the Japanese E-Type. Those straight sixes make wonderful noise (both Jag and Datsun!).

Thunderhill is wonderful with the off-camber turns and elevation changes; prefer the Bypass to the Cyclone, though. I've done a couple 25 Hour races there (Spec Miata). Wish it were closer to home.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.