Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: D-jet started bucking, only after cold start
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
larss
1,7 -72 all original D-jet, runs great, has just started to get one minor issue:

Otdoor/garage temp about 70F, starting it "cold" from garage, 2 times out of 5 it bucks and dies during the 1st minute running, alredy when driving out of the garage. Restarts immideately OK but bucks again and dies abruptly about 5 to 10 times. Feels like mixture is to lean. After running the 1st minute it runs well and also starts/runs great when warmed up.

Checked the CHT sensor when cold - about 3,0kOhms. Points, fuel filter, plugs, fuel pressure checked.
As I wrote this only happens 2 starts out of 5 but more and more often lately.

Where should I start looking?

/Lars S
76-914
pull the lead on the tps. if bucking went away then check/clean contacts on TPS; I raised fuel pressure up a pound (per another's recommendation) on my 76 and it went away. popcorn[1].gif
larss
Finally I found the reason: the "coal pin" in the middle of the distribudor cap had broken, when I took the cap off the broken end fell out, after fitting a new cap the car runs great again. Strange however that it only ran bad at cold engine...not at warm...
You never stop learning!

IPB Image

/Lars S
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.