Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: little electrical gremlins
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Strudelwagon
So my 3 year project is on the road...first 914 i have ever owned so maybe this is normal???
when I put my turn signal on (74-2.0) the little green light on the tach flashes. when it self cancels, sometimes the green light stays on steady. If I move the signal lever a little it goes off??? just the little light not the actual signal lights on the corners

any idea? confused24.gif

SW
TheCabinetmaker
This is the classifieds. You'll get more exposure in the garage. Am admin will move it for you shortly
Strudelwagon
QUOTE(The Cabinetmaker @ Aug 17 2012, 05:38 PM) *

This is the classifieds. You'll get more exposure in the garage. Am admin will move it for you shortly

OOPS Thanks.....Are you the REAL cabinetmaker? happy11.gif
TheCabinetmaker
The one and only!
euro911
Not the Cabinetfaker confused24.gif
TheCabinetmaker
No. The faker is history, but my guess is he'll be back. He's probably back already. Skulking around under a different name. Andy knows who he is and keeps an eye on him. Thanks Andy and all the admin.
Mike Bellis
Before you troubleshoot anything, do this...

Disconnect battery
remove fuse panel under dash
find ground stud
remove nut and clean all terminals with wire wheel or emery cloth
replace all grounds, nut and tighten
replace fuse panel
reconnect battery

Now what is your car doing? Same thing? if so check all the ground connections behind the gauge cluster. test again...
Strudelwagon
QUOTE(kg6dxn @ Aug 18 2012, 06:45 AM) *

Disconnect battery
find ground stud
replace fuse panel
reconnect battery

Now what is your car doing? Same thing? if so check all the ground connections behind the gauge cluster. test again...

Sorry mike, this was moved after I reposted. I'll get that fuse box out and follow your instructions. I figured it might be a ground...years ago I owned British cars and the solution in most cases was the same
Cheers
Strudelwagon

Disconnect battery
find ground stud
replace fuse panel
reconnect battery

Sorry mike, this was moved after I reposted. I'll get that fuse box out and follow your instructions. I figured it might be a ground...years ago I owned British cars and the solution in most cases was the same
Cheers
Strudelwagon
QUOTE(Strudelwagon @ Aug 18 2012, 06:57 AM) *

Disconnect battery
find ground stud
replace fuse panel
reconnect battery

Cheers

I love blackberry. Playbook headbang.gif
Strudelwagon
OK Mike,
I cleaned the ground post under the fuse panel and the signal indicator light still stays on some times after it cancels.

Is it a short in the column switch? confused24.gif
Is it time to rip the column apart?

Thanks
Steve
Strudelwagon
icon_bump.gif icon_bump.gif
timothy_nd28
When this indicator light stays on, does the turn signals illuminate as well? I had this issue earlier, ended up being the contacts within the turn signal stalk.
Go ahead and buy a new turn signal stalk. They are selling these new for only 23 dollars.
timothy_nd28
Here's the link for the new turn signal stalk.

Turn signal switch

Strudelwagon
QUOTE(tim_nd @ Sep 7 2012, 06:33 AM) *

Here's the link for the new turn signal stalk.

Turn signal switch

You Da Man Tim....Thanks pray.gif
Mike Bellis
Could be a bad flasher relay too. The flasher relay is a dual semi-electronic relay. It has one relay dedicated to the exterior lamps and one for the dash lamp. It is possible for half the relay to go bad. Relay failure can be accelerated by adding LED lamps to the turn signals. Replacement relays are available for around $50. Plug and play.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.