Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Clean & Polish a top
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
azbill
Has anyone used Kiwi black paste shoe polish on a top. How long will it last? Will the black dye in the polish run or stain the paint? Thanks Azbill
tod914
Dont put that crap on the roof. Youll never get it off.
Keith V
It WILL come off - in the first rain. That was one of the first things I did after I purchased my WHITE 914. I got caught in a rain shower after I applied the Kiwi, and it all ran down the sides of my car. - what a mess ! The best thing I have found to restore the finish is called "Forever Black". The package comes with a small bottle of cleaner, and another bottle of black dye with a foam applicator. It gives the top a great looking and durable finish. The last time I applied Forever Black to my car was about two years ago, and it still looks good. biggrin.gif
StratPlayer
I've used a product called Forever Black on my roof almost a year and a half ago and my roof stills look great. Performance Products sells the stuff and you can get it on ebay.
Porsche Rescue
A product called Black Again also works well. Available at auto parts stores.
tod914
It WILL come off - in the first rain

Shoe polish will come off, alittle at a time. The PO of my previous 914 did that. Everytime I put the roof in the trunk, I got shoe polish on my pants. Tried washing & wiping if off, and it still wouldn't come off. Should of tried degreesing it. Kiwi is made for boots, not tops.
azbill
Thanks for the fast responce. I think I'll get Forever Black.
Azbill
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.