Full Version: 914 DTM
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
bernbomb914
I would like to Know if there as enough support to develop the DTM for the 914

Bernie
bernbomb914
icon_bump.gif
bob91403
Check his website, it says he's working on it. I hope he doesn't give up on it. It's the best thing you could do to an air-cooled engine.
Jake Raby
Yes, I decided to go forward with it..

I just hope that you guys will actually open up your wallets and buy it when I'm done. The shroud has no other application and I'll be stuck with 6,000.00 worth of useless molds unless you actually buy it!

Its in the workls, looking for a Spring release date with test work beginning in January in my 914 with 200 ponies of updated 2316 power..
double-a
perhaps i missed the original thread referenced here, but what will be the approx cost when the product is available? thanks.

~a
Jake Raby
Thats according to the kit that you want. The prices will follow the same schedule that my standard DTM does, so as the amount of components bought increases the job becomes easier but the price increases. The 914 version will be about 1-200.00 more expensive than the versions offered now. So the basic kit would probably be 750.00-800.00 as a guess.

The more that are bought at once, the less the price will be. I will be doing these in batches only and not keeping them on the shelf unless they are more popular than I anticipate.
Twystd1
Jake,
If ya want half up front (or more) to get the ball rolling on your T4 shroud... Just tell me when and where. Da money will be sent upon your request...

And thanks for telling me about the guys at Westech. They are making me a QUAD head temp gauge.

With that and an EGT, Plus wide band sensor, I should have the basic tuning and testing setup to handle data aquisition for this new stroker motor that I am putting together. You DTM would be invaluable for this particular engine combo.

It looks like I may get a used MOTEC M4 off a ricer dragster for a good price.. I am thinking about using it as it has massive data logging features. This also assumes I can figure out how to make it work...
(Motec is around the corner..Yee haw) I have a 65mm throttle body from a GSR that should work. I can fab an intake out of aluminum. I just need to figure out the proper placement of the injectors in the webber manifolds that I have for my existing 48s.

Then again, if Mr. Carlson (Kit) gets his product finished in time for this combo... I really want to try that sysytem first... Might be cheap and easy..!!

Jake, I will also need your help on the appropriate cam. I will send data next month after I have all of the prelim design data in... If you would allow me to do so.

Let me know what you need and when.. ($s)

Regards,

Twystd1 cool_shades.gif

DR. EVIL has the best upholstered teener parts available. Buy from Him..!!!!!
eeyore
For sake of planning:

1) This first batch of DTMs are for stock cooling, not for a relocated oil cooler?
2) The DTM works with individual FI runners or dual carbs, but a DTM compatible plenum is in the works?
Jake Raby
The first batch will be like all the rest. They will be two different versions of the shroud. One will keep the stock cooler in the stock position and the other will relocate the cooler to the area just in front of the #2 cylinder in the sheetmetal that will surround the engine.

The DTM will only work with I/R FI or carbs at the present. we have aDTM compatible Plenum in the works, but don't look for it for a good long while.

Being a one man army is a true challenge.
howardchen327
As a car idiot, I am haveing hard time with some terminology here: individual FI runner, and Plenum. What do they mean?

So is the DTM kit compatible with stock FI? or maybe after marke FI like KC EMS?

I'm stupid but I'm lerning boldblue.gif
Jake Raby
an individual runner set up is close in appearance to carbs. It has one runner per intake valve.

The plenum based systems are like stock and have a single throttle body with a central plenum to hold the air volume to feed the runners/valves. This is like stock.

To make the DTM work with a Plenum FI system we have to scratch build a complete plenum that is mathmatically correct for most of our engines (volume wise)

This isn't easy.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.