Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Used wheels
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Randal
Are there any reasonable 9" and 12" wide wheels that fit a Porsche?
They could be 15", 16" or 18". Not new ones, but ones your could find by looking around all the normal places. biggrin.gif
Dave_Darling
Nope.

What do you consider "reasonable"? What do you consider "the normal places"? What sort of bolt pattern are you talking about, 4x130, 5x130, other? Is modifying the bolt pattern "reasonable"?

More information makes for better answers.

--DD
Randal
QUOTE(Dave_Darling @ Aug 18 2012, 10:41 AM) *

Nope.

What do you consider "reasonable"? What do you consider "the normal places"? What sort of bolt pattern are you talking about, 4x130, 5x130, other? Is modifying the bolt pattern "reasonable"?

More information makes for better answers.

--DD

Sorry for not being more specific. 5 x130 does work.

Have a friend that needs a set of wheels for his 911 (currrently has 9" and 12", 5 x 130 wheels, 15" wheels, but needs an extra set.

Like if you were looking for a set of 8" wheels (5 x 130) then you can use cookie cutters, phone dials or several other wheels that you can find on the web or a porsche wrecking yard with a "reasonable" price tag. I don't know if there is such a thing in 9" and 12" wheels, but knew the experts here would know. I do know about several race wheels that are pretty reasonable or diamond steel wheels, but again trying to figure out others.

Thanks for the clarification Dave.
Dave_Darling
If I had questions like that I would check in the Racing forums on Pelican.

9s and 12s are going to be tough to find used. The only 12s I know of off the top of my head are aftermarket ones made in small batches, or three-piece wheels. Few of those are going to be sitting around in a wrecking yard.

--DD
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.