Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: long heater hose - 76
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
rex66m
Question for the group - installing all new vacuum and heater hoses - believe it or not, the originals were still in place. Regarding the long engine compartment heater hose (one that goes to the passenger side), is having slack in this hose a bad thing - in other words, does it need to be pulled taut? Hose I ordered has a bit of slack (not a huge amount), and wondering if this might get caught up in the belt pulley up near the top front of the engine compartment. Thanks in advance for any feedback!

Little bit disappointed that some of the hoses are going to need clamps, whereas the original hoses did not need them.
Dave_Darling
I have one of the other hoses (I think from the "flashback valve") wrapped around the heater hose to make sure it stays out of the way of cooling air going to the fan. A zip-tie or two could also be used to hold it in place.

--DD
rex66m
QUOTE(Dave_Darling @ Aug 18 2012, 12:37 PM) *

I have one of the other hoses (I think from the "flashback valve") wrapped around the heater hose to make sure it stays out of the way of cooling air going to the fan. A zip-tie or two could also be used to hold it in place.

--DD

worked like a charm . thanks!!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.