Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 1966 Cal-Look Beetle Still for sale Can deliver
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > Ads: All Other Non-914 Stuff
rick 918-S
This is a rust free 1966 VW Beetle. The car was purchased 16 years ago by a friend of ours from an impound yard in a pretty scary neighborhood in Oakland California where it sat unloved and abused.
The Good:

It was painted with DuPont Chroma One upon its arrival here in MN.

Vent windows removed and full size glass installed.

During the paint process the pan was cleaned and POR15 was applied.

Front turn signals were shaved along with the license plate light and bracket for a smooth Cal-Custom Look.

I have left over paint from when the car was painted 16 years ago. I just painted the dash color is dead on. When my friend purchased the car it had the dash cut out and an aluminum plate bolted in place of the gauges. Here’s a link to the dash repair. http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...=181906&hl=

The engine was rebuilt and only used in town one summer. The car was put away in a barn where it sat until I purchased it from my friend. The engine is a 1641 duel port.

I installed NOS heat exchangers and a Ansa muffler.

I just installed new plug wires and plugs. The engine runs and idles perfect with a stock single carb.

I think it’s from dried seals from sitting for 14 years. This is an easy weekend fun project not a big issue.

Nice stock steel wheels with new bigs and littles, new trim rings and Empi caps. I think this gives it a subtle vintage custom look.

Here is a list of the work that was done less than a year ago.

New master cylinder, rubber hoses, wheel cylinders, e-brake cables,

Right rear axle seal

New ball joints, tie rods, center link on the lowered beam.

New seat covers, carpet and headliner.

All gauges, lights and turn signals work.

What the car needs:

To make the car perfect it still needs the front trunk detailed, the engine bay detailed, a small repair to the left fender and rear apron and maybe a few other minor things but it has never had floor pans and heater channels rusted out and replaced.
I have too many cars and other projects waiting for their turn. You will not find another Beetle in the Midwest as solid. Don’t miss out. $ 7500.00 or make an offer. I can deliver the car and I will trade for 914 stuff. Call me @ 218-428-3538

Here are a couple early photos when We just got the car out of the barn.

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment

Here are some current photos

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment

Update:

We entered the car in The World of Wheels Car Show this spring and it too first place.

Click to view attachment
rick 918-S
Still for sale or trade. Lowered the price! $ 7000.00
Gint
icon_bump.gif

Wish I had room in the garage for another car Rick.
rick 918-S
icon_bump.gif Still for sale. Lowered the price again. $ 6,000.00 or offer to World members. I can deliver the car. icon_bump.gif
ottox914
So...want...this...
rick 918-S
QUOTE(ottox914 @ May 1 2013, 09:09 PM) *

So...want...this...

I can easily drive it over to your place...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.