Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Seat adjusting
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
mrholland2
Can someone explain the mechanics of the seat adjusting? The slidey front to back part. . .Mine aren't moving and I don't want to be futile.. I've already resisted the Borg.
etcmss
is the lever arm side actually lifting the adjuster tab? is the opposite side allowing the seat to go back? go look with a flashight to see if the one side is hung up and lift with a long handle screwdriver to allow it to slide back. mine have done this if it goes up too far and gets stuck.
Ian Stott
Once I greased mine up they woked real smooth and still do. Make sure your lever is pulling the tab up far enough, and if it is then it just needs to be cleaned and greased.

Ian Stott
Moncton
Canada
mrholland2
QUOTE(Ian Stott @ Aug 19 2012, 05:03 AM) *

Once I greased mine up they woked real smooth and still do. Make sure your lever is pulling the tab up far enough, and if it is then it just needs to be cleaned and greased.

Ian Stott
Moncton
Canada

So, the ring thing just pulls UP and not FORWARD?
mrholland2
It seems like the side with the RING is immobile entirely.
pilothyer
If the Ring you refer to is the handle, then yes it should pull upward and this raises the teeth out of the slots in the rail and allows the seat to move forward or backward. Many have the handle broken off but you can still lift it upward with a finger to release the teeth from the rail.
mrholland2
QUOTE(pilothyer @ Aug 19 2012, 05:09 PM) *

If the Ring you refer to is the handle, then yes it should pull upward and this raises the teeth out of the slots in the rail and allows the seat to move forward or backward. Many have the handle broken off but you can still lift it upward with a finger to release the teeth from the rail.

It is kind of constantly lifted right now. .
pilothyer
Sounds like you just need to spray the entire rail with some PB Blaster and try to move the seat forward and backward untill free movement is accomplished. This being possible only if the teeth are lifted upward, out of the rail slots.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.