Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 2012 Pebble Beach Gooding Auction one owner 914-6 results
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
unpolire
I thought that $56,000 was low for an original one owner 1970 914-6. Expected to see $20K more. What does everyone else think?
Cairo94507
Hard to say since the video footage was terrible and it was hard to see the car.
ww914
Please excuse my ignorance, but do these bidders have a chance to look closely at the car before bidding?
pete000
Seems the Euro buyers have backed off and the market show that.
Michael N
We're the fenders stretched or did it just appear that way in the video. 56k is definitely higher than 5 years ago.
Mike Bellis
I wouldn't pay $56k for it, but i'm a CSOB 914 owner... biggrin.gif
unpolire
QUOTE(ww914 @ Aug 19 2012, 07:28 AM) *

Please excuse my ignorance, but do these bidders have a chance to look closely at the car before bidding?

Yes, there are a number of preview days before the auction and one can also view directly before auction start. Cars can be fully evaluated by your expert, if desired, although David Gooding and his staff do a fantastic job of evaluating every car and making sure that even the slightest deficiencies, if any, are fully noted. The car was stock, without flared fenders, and being a one owner car, I thought would bring a premium.
unpolire
QUOTE(Cairo94507 @ Aug 19 2012, 06:06 AM) *

Hard to say since the video footage was terrible and it was hard to see the car.

Agreed that the uploaded video quality posted on YouTube was terrible, but if you had logged on to the actual Gooding and Company auction website and viewed the video Live Auction feed, it was just like being there, which I skipped this year. There is the second half tonight of the big ticket (if USD$10.25M was not enough for a car last night!) cars and I will be watching it live.
carr914
QUOTE(unpolire @ Aug 19 2012, 02:28 PM) *

QUOTE(ww914 @ Aug 19 2012, 07:28 AM) *

I thought would bring a premium.

Why do you think $56k is not a premium?
porschecb
Back in the day I was paid anywhere from $50.00 to $250.00 per hour just be a Shill. shades.gif
Eric_Shea
More than I would pay for that car... seems like a premium to me.
Dave_Darling
The reason the footage sucked was because someone was using a hand-held camera to take a movie of their TV when this was being broadcast...

--DD
twash
QUOTE(unpolire @ Aug 19 2012, 11:36 AM) *

QUOTE(Cairo94507 @ Aug 19 2012, 06:06 AM) *

Agreed that the uploaded video quality posted on YouTube was terrible, but if you had logged on to the actual Gooding and Company auction website and viewed the video Live Auction feed, it was just like being there, which I skipped this year. There is the second half tonight of the big ticket (if USD$10.25M was not enough for a car last night!) cars and I will be watching it live.

looked at the car @ gooding, nice clean blue car non stock steering wheel,
carr914
Dude, that car's white smoke.gif

Goodings had put a Pre-Auction Estimate of $30-40k - Somebody (or two) must have gotten excited

Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.