F/S 1970 VW/Porsche 914-4 for sale. 1700cc. Fuel Injection

Unfortunately my beloved 914 has got to go due to an imminent house purchase (growing up sucks).

Below is a link to some photos that i took of the car. The password for the folder is Porsche914 (original I know)

http://s21.photobucket.com/albums/b281/man.../Porsche%20914/

This is a very solid car, it has had all the usual trouble areas welded and more. The “hell hole” is solid along with the sills, all the suspension mounts, floor pan and both boots.

The engine is a real gem, I drove this car from Kent to Essex and then from Essex to Cornwall (a trip of around 600 miles) and it did not miss a beat! it still has its factory fuel injection that has performed faultlessly all the time I have owned it so response is good and it pulls very strong and smooth and will happily surpass the speed limit all day long with no stress. It gets there comparatively quickly too. Very rare for a 914 is the fact this car does not leak any oil either!
The gearbox is what normally puts people off these, mine has had a full gearbox rebuild by the previous owner! Yes! Everything it needed including upgrading lots of the internals to later 911 bits. Totally transforms the car, it is great to drive now! It also cost more than I am asking for the car! (Lots of exclamation marks there, but it really is a big deal) (!)

The brakes work great, the previous owner had all four calipers rebuilt or replaced throughout his custodianship and it pulls up nice and straight like it is supposed to.

It was inspected by the TV show “Wheeler Dealers” who turned it down as there was not enough mechanicals to do!

Its an early car with the set passenger seat and chrome bumpers, it also has a Leather wrapped steering wheel and driving lamps giving excellent night vision. The interior is presentable and really roomy but the door cards would benefit from some love.

Over all the body is pretty straight but there is rust in the front wings and scuttle area, these bits are not horrendous by any stretch but if you want your future Porsche to be mint, you might want to take a look at them.

As the icing on the cake it runs a nice matched set of rare period “Cosmic” alloys, all dated 1972 if I remember correctly, that I think really set the car off.

Now, the ride height. Make no mistake its low! It drives almost like stock though as really the only thing changed are the tyres as less side wall gives a slightly harsher ride but it does not crash or bang or bottom out, it is a great ride. This is not a modified vehicle in spite of its stance, everything is still as the factory intended, there are adjusters in the front from stock and they are just wound down and the “slam” tyres take another 2” out but still retain the stock foot print.
I love it nose down like this but it might not be your thing, If you were so inclined it could be wound back up to stock and some 165R 15s put on and it would be back to factory.
It has very crisp handling, I have heard the phrase “handles like its on rails” many times but in this instance it is true, you will not believe how well this goes round the twisty bits.

This is basically a nice honest 914, there are no hidden surprises, all its faults, such as they are, are out there to be seen, it does have rust in the front wings and scuttle but where it counts its solid, Please don’t think this is a concours car it has plenty of character and wear.

I recently rolled the old girl into the spray booth and gave her a quick going over in Porsche Guards Red to freshen her up a bit. This has without doubt improved the look and condition of her, adding years onto the life of the metal work that the paint is protecting. Please don’t be under the impression that its a £5000 paint job, it looks great but its not a pro job.

When I first got the 914 it had a really annoying wiring fault where it would just cut all power to the ignition, that is now fixed and she runs like a dream.

The car will have a new, full, REAL MOT on it before the sale. It hasn’t got any tax on it at the mo but it will have 12 months put on it shortly. Good unmolested early examples of these cars are becoming VERY hard to find

This is a fully road legal, dependable, rare and interesting car, its loads of fun and you would be hard pressed to beat it for smiles to the pound!

£5500 would make it yours.
Im based just outside of Newquay in Cornwall, UK

Email me on jameswhite58@hotmail.co.uk for more info or im on 07595 534381. Thanks!