Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FS- 1975 project or roller for parts $600, Jacksonville FL
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
gbg10000
I bought this 914 sight-unseen in FEB from a guy in Kentucky. I have the title in my hands, signed over to me, but I have not transferred it to my name. VIN 4752907277

The attached photos were taken on the day I received it. It has been in my garage on jack stands since that day, and the only photos I can get now are close in. (It looks better in photos than it does in person.)

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

It is white- (in the interests of full disclosure, a pearl white screwy.gif {not by me]), painted over red.

It has extensive passenger side longitudinal and hell hole rust - you can see close ups at the following link.
Hell hole pics

It has other rust evident beneath the paint which appears to be minor.

It is a 1.8 w/ FI. It was not running when received so I can't say anything at all about the mechanicals. It shows 75,168 on the odometer and as far as I can tell is complete.

I do not have any time to spend on it and need it out of my garage.
I spent $1200 plus about $600 shipping. I would like to get something for it to offset the pain and humiliation of making such a blind purchase, but most of all, I just need my garage back - and am willing to take my lumps and cut my losses.

My asking price is $600.
I will sell to the first acceptable offer. Cash must be in-hand within one week, and the car must be picked-up within two weeks.
I cannot hold on to it for long. (I need my garage back).

It will have to be picked up from my house in suburban Jacksonville, FL and would need to be winched onto the trailer. I can offer limited on-site assistance to the transporter.

Qustions - please call 904-343-7126 ( I will return calls after 6:00 PM during the work week).

Thanks for looking

wildone33jh
Do you still have this car available? I live in Texas and could be interested, I would need to find the cost and a way of getting it here but looks perfect for my purposes.
mepstein
You can probably make all your money back if you part the car. It takes some time but these cars are very easy to take apart. Common hand tools and a long weekend will get you most of the way there. Get some help with the engine and trans. Take pictures of each part you remove, list on World for a reasonable price and you'll probably break even in about the same amount of time it will take you to sell the car for 500. Just a suggestion. Good luck, Mark
billh1963
You can drop the drivetrain by yourself.... I have done it twice!
gbg10000
QUOTE(wildone33jh @ Aug 22 2012, 12:46 AM) *

Do you still have this car available? I live in Texas and could be interested, I would need to find the cost and a way of getting it here but looks perfect for my purposes.

Yes still available. I've had a lot of local interest off CL, but when they see the hell hole pics on this link they disappear. Ha ha, ha.

I really want it gone so the first to drop the cash takes it, just because I need to get it out of my garage.

If you buy I will hold it for up to two weeks.

Thanks very much Wild.
gbg10000
QUOTE(mepstein @ Aug 22 2012, 07:58 AM) *

You can probably make all your money back if you part the car. It takes some time but these cars are very easy to take apart. Common hand tools and a long weekend will get you most of the way there. Get some help with the engine and trans. Take pictures of each part you remove, list on World for a reasonable price and you'll probably break even in about the same amount of time it will take you to sell the car for 500. Just a suggestion. Good luck, Mark

Thanks for the suggestion, but I just need this stromberg.gif out of my life evilgrin.gif .
gbg10000
OK-- Lets get this thing Outta my Garage lol-2.gif headbang.gif headbang.gif

Any one offer$400??

Bump
charlesmac
Let me talk to my step brother, who lives in Jacksonville, and see if he could possibly pick it up for me.

Charles
gbg10000
Sold locally- Thanks for the interest.
charlesmac
Glad you got it sold! It wouldn't have worked out for my step brother to pick it up, he's in Detroit for a couple weeks.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.