Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: trunk metal
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Cool914
I had cleaned up my trunk to nice shiny pristine metal state, then applied marine clean and metal ready, really only needed to treat the little rust under the trans reinforcement area but figured I would do it all in advance of painting to preserve it since I wont be painting for awhile.

I washed it off with water and a sponge as instructed and then a white haze appeared and this rusty bronze looking area in various areas. I washed a little more and the white haze went away mostly but still looks wierd. Those areas did not have any visible rust. Does this look right, can I just paint over this? I assume maybe those areas had a little moisture from the wash and when it dried the metal ready did its work?

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Cool914
Here is a closer look
Click to view attachment
URY914
Looks about right to me.
Cool914
QUOTE(URY914 @ Aug 19 2012, 04:36 PM) *

Looks about right to me.

Good, thanks, I was hoping I would not have to do it all over. The odd look threw me off but I guess it is just normal. A little more welding and some epoxy primer to go!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.