Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Morph/Mikey Fibreglass door panels..
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Rod
Hi all, I need new doorcards, mine need to be cut for speakers in the door so am thinking about Morph/Mikey fibreglass jobs - a coupe of questions..

Are these flat? They seem to have a lip around the edge? I need to see some pics really as I need to cover the panel with soundproofing foam and then cover the whole thing in grill cloth - I have done this with a standard fibreboard door card and it works great, it's just the fibreglass card looks thicker, because of the lip? Am I right?

Please post some pics if possible smile.gif

Also, when trimming how do people attach their vinyl to these? Do staples go through or do you use glue instead?
rhodyguy
why waste money on NEW panels only to cut them up? the values plummet on panels once they have been ruined with big holes bored in them. post a 'wtb' in the classifieds noting holes preferred and invest the dif in speaker upgrades.

k
gollygwagen
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Aug 20 2012, 07:13 AM) *

why waste money on NEW panels only to cut them up? the values plummet on panels once they have been ruined with big holes bored in them. post a 'wtb' in the classifieds noting holes preferred and invest the dif in speaker upgrades.

k

Mine have speaker holes cut in them already, I'll trade you.
Rod
Second hand value won't matter as they won't be moving from the doors once installed. As for speaker upgrades, I can't really do much more - I have mounted my speakers in 4mm steel plates and completely sealed up both doors...

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

they are totally flush with the door, so I want to cover the whole panel in cloth so the speakers are invisible..
Rod
Bump for pictures!!

Sorry, but I need to get this sorted asap smile.gif
Eric_Shea
IPB Image

This is a custom set Morph made up for me with GT vinyl etc. Very flat. Sorry, no pictures of the backside.
Mikey914
I got one for you. It's mostly flat, the rough side is out as it's usually covered. It can be sanded smooth and painted. I have a guy that's doing that now that promises to send some pictures.

The metal piece is to attach the bolster pad and vinyl.

Hope this helps.
Mikey914
If you need the clips to mount I have them too.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.