Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FS: 1972 914 with 2.0 Project Car
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
JTarver
Click to view attachmentClick to view attachmentWell, I guess the time has come to sell my baby. She is a 72 model 914, with a 2.0 litre that was installed prior to the time I purchased her, no idea by who.

She runs really well, and always has since I've owned her for almost 3 years. I am asking $3,500.00 o.b.o. The the main reason I don't have her painted yet, is I spent too much time driving to take her apart. The longs are solid, with only surface rust on the car. She has no soft spots that I've found. I will post more pics when I get a better opportunity to take the covers back off. I have started the restoration which is why there is about a third of the car primered black now.
Since I have owned her, I have:
Changed the plugs and wires about two weeks ago.
New tires, which still have less than 500 miles on them.
Replaced the clutch cable and Accelerator cable.
Sanded, primered about a third of the car. Could stand to be redone but has held up well with her in my garage.
There has been very little maint. issues on the car, as the brakes work without grinding, they stop the car VERY well. She has had the hot start issue, but I can see the ground wire needs to be cleaned when I squeeze up under the chassis, and I just haven't done anything about it since I haven't been driving her as much lately.
I have about 3 other tops that will go with her, as well as hundreds of dollars (poss. over a thousand) worth of parts that I will not need once she is sold.

This is a complete, running project with very little expense needed to make her gorgeous. However, I now have 3 kids, the youngest 4 months, and have not the time nor funds to restore her the way I want to. Also, I need something that will fit all 3 kids, and as we all know, it isn't a 914. I may own another 914 at some point, but it will be awhile, my bills, and kids have to come first. She has been a real pleasure to own, I have a clean title for her, and will miss her dearly.

Someone with more mechanical ability than myself (which is most anyone on here) will have no problems not only keeping her in great running shape, but restoring the car to the level which it deserves. She has been garage kept, and usually with a cover on too.

I am asking $3,500.00 or best offer. I will not be lowballed, as it isn't costing me anything to keep her. She is well worth the price, and comes with a vast array of parts ranging from extra seats and lenses, to windows, etc. The parts alone would get you off to a good start on refurbishment. If you have any pic requests I will do my best to facilitate them, short of dropping the engine or something like that.

The best way to reach me if interested is : JTarver295@yahoo.com (put something about PORSCHE in the subject so I don't spam it.) or you can call me at
5 zero 1, four 1 three, seven 4 zero 1. My name is Joe Tarver.

Here are a couple pics, the racks are not included with the car. I have the bumper and stuff in front as well, I just had them off to primer when I was prepping for paint.

JTarver
QUOTE(JTarver @ Aug 20 2012, 10:07 AM) *

Click to view attachmentClick to view attachmentWell, I guess the time has come to sell my baby. She is a 72 model 914, with a 2.0 litre that was installed prior to the time I purchased her, no idea by who.

She runs really well, and always has since I've owned her for almost 3 years. I am asking $3,500.00 o.b.o. The the main reason I don't have her painted yet, is I spent too much time driving to take her apart. The longs are solid, with only surface rust on the car. She has no soft spots that I've found. I will post more pics when I get a better opportunity to take the covers back off. I have started the restoration which is why there is about a third of the car primered black now.
Since I have owned her, I have:
Changed the plugs and wires about two weeks ago.
New tires, which still have less than 500 miles on them.
Replaced the clutch cable and Accelerator cable.
Sanded, primered about a third of the car. Could stand to be redone but has held up well with her in my garage.
There has been very little maint. issues on the car, as the brakes work without grinding, they stop the car VERY well. She has had the hot start issue, but I can see the ground wire needs to be cleaned when I squeeze up under the chassis, and I just haven't done anything about it since I haven't been driving her as much lately.
I have about 3 other tops that will go with her, as well as hundreds of dollars (poss. over a thousand) worth of parts that I will not need once she is sold.

This is a complete, running project with very little expense needed to make her gorgeous. However, I now have 3 kids, the youngest 4 months, and have not the time nor funds to restore her the way I want to. Also, I need something that will fit all 3 kids, and as we all know, it isn't a 914. I may own another 914 at some point, but it will be awhile, my bills, and kids have to come first. She has been a real pleasure to own, I have a clean title for her, and will miss her dearly.

Someone with more mechanical ability than myself (which is most anyone on here) will have no problems not only keeping her in great running shape, but restoring the car to the level which it deserves. She has been garage kept, and usually with a cover on too.

I am asking $3,500.00 or best offer. I will not be lowballed, as it isn't costing me anything to keep her. She is well worth the price, and comes with a vast array of parts ranging from extra seats and lenses, to windows, etc. The parts alone would get you off to a good start on refurbishment. If you have any pic requests I will do my best to facilitate them, short of dropping the engine or something like that.

The best way to reach me if interested is : JTarver295@yahoo.com (put something about PORSCHE in the subject so I don't spam it.) or you can call me at
5 zero 1, four 1 three, seven 4 zero 1. My name is Joe Tarver.

Here are a couple pics, the racks are not included with the car. I have the bumper and stuff in front as well, I just had them off to primer when I was prepping for paint.

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.