Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 Breakfast Sat Oct 30-San Jose
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
JeffBowlsby
MMMMmmmmm Egg McMuffins...and OJ biggrin.gif

Please be invited to come out and play one last time in 2004.

Come hangout and see your 914Buds and Bud-ettes and their great cars laugh.gif

Someone needs to step forward to plan the breakfasts for the future...so talk to me. We generally skip November and December breakfasts for the holidays but that is not set in stone...hopefully the 914 Breakfasts will resume in January 2005...but that is up to you....

9:14am, Saturday October 30th, in San Jose, CA
McDonalds....1398 W. SAN CARLOS, SAN JOSE, CA 95126
neo914-6
Now that's close to my place! boldblue.gif I SHOULD be there...
Felix
plas76targa
ohmy.gif Nuts! I knew I should have waited a week before starting the front shocks and brakes replacement!

Well, count me in regardless. Let's hope I can be done in time. I've gone to too many of these w/out a 914 than with one!

beer.gif Here's to seeing everyone Saturday!
Carl
Hi Jeff,
I think Mer and I can come to this one.
GTeener
Uh, spose you didn't notice that GGR is having their last AX @ Candlestick on the 30th too splat.gif
SirAndy
oh, new location! boldblue.gif

can't run the AX so i guess i'll have breakfast with you guys, supersize-style!
chowtime.gif Andy
nebreitling
i'm out for the AX also, so i might drive the truck down and grab a bacon, egg, cheese biscuit with you all!

nate
Demick
Damn - nobody going to the autox?

I'll be there doing my best to keep the 911's out of the top 10.

Demick
GTeener
QUOTE(Demick @ Oct 25 2004, 10:43 AM)
Damn - nobody going to the autox?

I'll be there doing my best to keep the 911's out of the top 10.

Demick

I'm planning to AX smilie_pokal.gif
lapuwali
I'll be showing up at the breakfast, but it will likely be in my new-to-me taildragger, since I still haven't gotten to the brakes on the 914...
ppickerell
I'll be at the AX cheering my Wife on in the Boxster. She is itching to try out her newfound PDE skills.
Trekkor
I'll be at the a/x, sportin' my latest upgrades. clap56.gif

KT

I can't supersize right now.
dlo914
QUOTE(ppickerell @ Oct 25 2004, 11:51 AM)
I'll be at the AX cheering my Wife on in the Boxster. She is itching to try out her newfound PDE skills.

PDE? wacko.gif
GTeener
QUOTE(dlo914 @ Oct 25 2004, 12:33 PM)
QUOTE(ppickerell @ Oct 25 2004, 11:51 AM)

PDE? wacko.gif

Porsche Driver Education.

But why the Boxster? idea.gif
dlo914
AHHH... I C laugh.gif said the blind man to the deaf man rolleyes.gif ...
anthony
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Oct 25 2004, 10:45 AM)
oh, new location! boldblue.gif

That's the new "old" location. I remember I went to my first breakfast there even before I bought my car. Mueller even had a running car back then (even though it had to be push started).

Now I can't decide whether it's AX or breakfast.
GTeener
QUOTE(anthony @ Oct 25 2004, 02:50 PM)
Now I can't decide whether it's AX or breakfast.

Seriously? wacko.gif
Jenny
Breakfast is cheaper than AX. biggrin.gif

This was the location of the first breakfast I attended with my very own 914. I'll have to come just for nostalgia.... and the McMuffin. chowtime.gif Fastfood breakfast is so hard to come by (I never get up early enough) that you have to take advantage of these opportunities!

Jen
GTeener
QUOTE(Jenny @ Oct 25 2004, 03:05 PM)
Breakfast is cheaper than AX.  :D

Jen

Wimp!
If you were too worried about money you wouldn't own a 914 lol2.gif

914s are meant to race! driving-girl.gif

Not for showing off in front of McD's...
nebreitling
agree.gif

914's are for racing, people!

(see you at McD's, Jenny!)
JeffBowlsby
spose you didn't notice that GGR is having their last AX @ Candlestick on the 30th too

Actually Gwen...What we wanna know is....why did GGR schedule their AX to conflict with our breakfast...? wink.gif (there are always conflicts...)

The 9:14 breakfast has been the last saturday of every month for about 4-5 years now.... smile.gif

So we can either do the AX or the breakfast...but we better see photos of each cuz they will both be good! We are pretty fortunate here in the bay area...other placed only have a 914 event maybe once a year...we have regular multiple opportunities...

cool.gif cool.gif cool.gif
Scott Carlberg
Hey Jeff,
any chance we could change the Location (NO, not again wink.gif

how about meeting up at Sears Point, I see by the 914world.com Calendar that there's a Porsche event going on!

The Calendar event

This Porsche Racing Club/NASA event is both Sat & Sun.
ppickerell
Jeff,
Has the badge that is your avatar been produced? I am thinking about producing a run of 914 badges.
ppickerell
Why ax the boxster? My sons 914 is down with fender damage, and mine is edging closer to completion at HPH . Look for me next year in my 914. I would love to max out the great schedule of ax that our area allows. At the PDE they switched to boxsters for the ax events, natch...is mid engine! Debra wants to ax once before she forgets what she learned.
JeffBowlsby
Scott...not this time...

Patrick...Not to my knowledge. It is the logo of one of the german 914 clubs as was linked in this thread a few messages ago... cool.gif
BPGREER
Are newbies invited?

-Brian
anthony
Everybody is invited - running 914 or not.
BPGREER
If I make it down there, it will be the longest trip my 914 has made in at least 17 years. Of course I have all the confidence in the world. After all; I did the work myself huh.gif Well, I do have AAA biggrin.gif and I am partial to the sausage mcmuffin. So, I think I'll go for it.

-Brian
Meredith
QUOTE(Carl @ Oct 25 2004, 09:36 AM)
Hi Jeff,
I think Mer and I can come to this one.

...provided I can get someone to take my shift at work. I can probably swing it.

Mer
Jenny
QUOTE(BPGREER @ Oct 27 2004, 10:39 PM)
Are newbies invited?

-Brian

We love newbies... calvin.gif

Jen
96conv
What about non-914 owners, are we invited too? I'll bring my son because he just loves teeners and thinks he's getting one when he gets his license in two years. Yeah, right.
Jenny
Yes, yes! Wannabes can come too! wink.gif I was fondly referred to as a 914 groupie for 2 years before actually acquiring my own teener. These are a great group of guys.

Jen
GTeener
QUOTE(bowlsby @ Oct 25 2004, 05:00 PM)
spose you didn't notice that GGR is having their last AX @ Candlestick on the 30th too

Actually Gwen...What we wanna know is....why did GGR schedule their AX to conflict with our breakfast...? wink.gif (there are always conflicts...)

The 9:14 breakfast has been the last saturday of every month for about 4-5 years now.... smile.gif

So we can either do the AX or the breakfast...but we better see photos of each cuz they will both be good! We are pretty fortunate here in the bay area...other placed only have a 914 event maybe once a year...we have regular multiple opportunities...

cool.gif cool.gif cool.gif

agree.gif We are fortunate in this area to have so many fun activities to choose between.

It's a conspiracy I tell ya! GGR scheduled the AX intentionally the same day so that fewer 914's show up driving-girl.gif driving.gif and kick their bootyshake.gif

Spose ya'll can come up to the AX in the afternoon wink.gif
Mueller
hmmmm, tough call....

148.4 miles round trip, the 911 gets an average of 20mpg if I'm lucky and stay off the rev limiter.....(like that is going to happen, hahaha)...premium gas @ 2.60 per gallon, that'll be $20 breakfast before I even have anything to eat or drink headbang.gif

man, I really need to get the 914 running, at least filling the tank won't hurt as much....
SirAndy
QUOTE(Mueller @ Oct 28 2004, 11:14 AM)
that'll be $20 breakfast before I even have anything to eat or drink headbang.gif

you come down to the breakfast and bring the set of rollerbearings and i'll hand you a hefty check right there.

how is that for a saturday morning breakfast?
biggrin.gif Andy
anthony
What are you going to do, never leave your house because of the price of gas? Think of it as a nice opportunity to take the 911 for a drive. BTW, my 914 doesn't get much better mileage. Find someone to carpool with.
Mueller
how is that for a saturday morning breakfast?

oh boy, I can get a large coffee instead of just water smile.gif

What are you going to do, never leave your house because of the price of gas?

I put 400 miles on the 911 the weekend before last, so I'm not afraid to drive it
MDB2.gif .....I could drive our Hyundai as long as no one laughs at me wacko.gif
Demick
QUOTE(anthony @ Oct 28 2004, 11:53 AM)
BTW, my 914 doesn't get much better mileage.

My 914 only gets 20mpg as well.
Mueller
My 914 only gets 20mpg as well

what happened to all the stories of 914's getting 30+ mpg??? headbang.gif
anthony
I can get 30mph if I drive a slow and steady 55mph. Of course that's not much fun.
Demick
QUOTE(Mueller @ Oct 28 2004, 12:06 PM)
what happened to all the stories of 914's getting 30+ mpg???  :headbang:

I've heard the stories too. But never experienced it myself.
JeffBowlsby
that'll be $20 breakfast before I even have anything to eat or drink

Hey I will pick U up and return you to the Amtrak station Mike...then you could afford breakfast...

I regularly get 29 mpg...and have fun too... biggrin.gif
Carl
MDB2.gif .....I could drive our Hyundai as long as no one laughs at me wacko.gif

You'd come to a 914Club b'fast, leave the 911 at home and drive a Hyundai? You deserve to be laughed at.

lol2.gif
krk
QUOTE(Mueller @ Oct 28 2004, 11:14 AM)
hmmmm, tough call....

148.4 miles round trip, the 911 gets an average of 20mpg if I'm lucky and stay off the rev limiter.....(like that is going to happen, hahaha)...premium gas @ 2.60 per gallon, that'll be $20 breakfast before I even have anything to eat or drink headbang.gif

man, I really need to get the 914 running, at least filling the tank won't hurt as much....

Hey Mike! For lots of reasons, I was forced to press the 911 into service for a drive up to SF and back today. It didn't suck at all! And while I don't drive the car hard, it's a great car to experience some "horsepower sensations" in (turbo... heh), and I don't think I made any EPA-pleasing gas milage statements laugh.gif.

'Sides, you can personally harass Carl -- which is almost worth a McDonald's egg thing.

(Yeh, it looks like I'll be there -- it's the food.... really.... heh)

kim.
nine14cats
Since the new car is now up on a rottiserie with no suspension, I guess breakfast will be a go!

See you folks there!

Doris and Bill P.
Jenny
Cool! This is going to be a great turnout despite the AX. I've never been so excited about McDonalds before! clap56.gif

Jen
JeffBowlsby
I've never been so excited about McDonalds before!

Just to clarify...its not about the food... laugh.gif

And now back to our regularly scheduled program...
Gustl
This all sounds great to me!
I'd really love to join your 914 breakfast ... unfortunately it would take too much time and money driving.gif biggrin.gif

But, who knows ... maybe it happens sometimes in the future confused24.gif

So, I wish you a nice breakfast ... and good McFood laugh.gif

So long,
Gustl
SirAndy
nailed it!

icon_bump.gif
Meredith
Looks like I'll be able to make it! See you tomorrow.

Mer
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.