Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: SOLD: 1974 914 2.0 w/ D-jet (Huntington Beach, CA)
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
surfcity914
Decided to sell my 914 - $6,500. Want to make room in the garage for another vehicle.

I've been restoring it for over 10 years, with the goal of it being back to perfect near stock condition. I've put less than 50 miles on it since I've had it. Put it in the garage and started the restoration. Took it to Domenics for a new paint job (silver metallic). Motor was rebuilt, FI is stock 2.0 D-jet (3 bolt heads) with the exception of the upgraded Bowlsby wiring harness; brand new FI pressure sensor was purchased from GPR a few years ago, along with new vacuum hoses and fuel lines, new stacked vacuum elbow from AA, correct stock temperature sensor resistor, stock 2.0 liter injectors and cold start valve restored by RC fuel. AA rebuilt transmission. Wheels are stock 4 bolt Mahles (5 total rims including spare). Interior is bone stock with center console, stock steering wheel, stock shift knob, stock seats. Carpet kit is brand new, with mats from Automotion. Dash has no cracks. Factory center console and gauges. Stock trunk mats for both front and rear trunks. Engine decklid has all of the PORSCHE letters. Stock side mirror on driver side only – there is a small dent on driver side door from garage cabinet falling on it. Sail panels have stock vinyl.

Basically it’s a very clean (near perfect stock), running car. The last part of the project was going to be to change out the camshaft to a stock setup (currently has hydraulic lifters) - this is where I got cold feet. I have a stock cam, lifters, pushrods, brand new stock 911 swivel feet adjusters and modified 1.7 liter rockers, brand new gasket kit, brand new 3 arm yoke and Harbor Freight engine stand, along with many spare parts – I will include everything in the purchase.

I prefer a local sale. Will take photos later tonight and post.
surfcity914
pictures posted. let me know if you need other pictures.

forgot about:

SS heat exchangers
front and rear Bilstein shocks
stock (banana) muffler
stock steel front and rear valance, and stock steel rocker panels.

Click to view attachment Click to view attachmentClick to view attachmentClick to view attachment
euro911
Nice. Looks like a good deal for the price.

It's exactly what I would be looking for if I were in the market (year, condition, color). I'm sure you'll have a buyer soon.
ndfrigi
Wow that is a very nice teen you have and so sad you are just letting it go! I tried selling mine last month but after less than a week, I remove the selling from craigslist and here in 914world. I'm sure you will have a buyer soon with that beautiful teen. God Bless!
surfcity914
Thank you everyone for the compliments and interest in the car. I will work with the prospective buyers in the order I received the PM's, starting after Labor Day. Thanks again.
mulio1
QUOTE(surfcity914 @ Aug 23 2012, 11:31 AM) *

Thank you everyone for the compliments and interest in the car. I will work with the prospective buyers in the order I received the PM's, starting after Labor Day. Thanks again.

Hello. Great looking car. I am very interested.
Is there a number where I can call you?
Pls email me at deanwaller@comcast.net
Thanks
87m491
Beautiful. Can't believe it is still around at that price. Wish it were east coast. GLWS!
surfcity914
I've actually been out of town quite a bit and haven't been able to show the car to anyone yet.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.