Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Original 914-6 For Sale on Ebay
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
JawjaPorsche
While not perfect, the owner is very honest with imperfections which are many.

I like the 180 mph speedometer and interesting antenna!

The photos are fantastic and really show the car and all the details. A picture of the original invoice $6,322!

Photo Bucket:

http://s1005.photobucket.com/albums/af178/...mview=slideshow

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Porsche-914...em=300767585797
Cairo94507
That is a nice Six with a lot of pictures showing the present condition. It should be taken apart and painted and put back together and it would be really nice. I like the rear flares, subtle and yet they get the job done. I would return that car to silver despite it not having the original engine. I like the history of the car all the way back to new too.
sixnotfour
Looks like it got a restore job and used and enjoyed...
180 speedo = Cool
carr914
I credit the Seller with the Facts of Disclosure & Tons of Pics.

However if he addressed some of the Issues, I think it would be beneficial to him. A 2.8 on a early Aluminum 911 Case is Great except for the Broken Stud that is causing Oil Seeping. The RF Fender looks like toast - the Rust might not be through the Paint but it is through the metal.

Too bad it was color changed.

I have one of those Antennas somewhere in my Stash. The 180MPH Speedo does nothing for me - it's not like the car will go that fast
halmil
I assume that even though this is an original six, the replacement engine has a significant effect on the value. I would still think that this is worth more than an equivalent 4 with a replacement six.

I guess this makes sense in somebodies world
carr914
Hal, a LOT of Real -6s have a different motor in them, the Lucky Guys have the Original on a shelf somewhere.

A Early 911 Aluminum Case by it self is worth close to $2,000. The Factory 2.8 P&C are Pricey.

I have a similar Engine - 2.8 built on a Early Aluminum Case ( a lot of Case Machine work done), Factory P&Cs, 2.7 Crank, Crazy Cams, Twin-Plug, PMO 46s. Over 300hp. It's a $50k Motor

Click to view attachment
kerensky
The flares remind me of the car that is in Patrick Paternie's book.
Mike Bellis
Too much rust for me. That's only about 20% visible. $20k+ to restore the body correctly and make it worth ~$50k.

Lucky for me a -6 is not on my bucket list. beer.gif

I like to drive... evilgrin.gif
Drums66
.......I think components & what nots have been switched myself?
idea.gif bye1.gif
rick 918-S
Lots of photos that contradict the discription. That car needs to come completely apart. Decent start but there was alot of time spent several years ago to achive nothing. It will likely sell for some good money though.
Katmanken
agree.gif Suspect there are a lot of "surprises" lurking under that extensive and expensive paint job. A little bothered by the rust on the underside of the car as it may be an indicator of what else may be lurking under the paint.

Had to laugh at the description stating "Door bottoms rust-free" and there is rust coming out of the tops of both of the doors. Wonder if the door bottoms were reskinned to get that description?
MoveQik
QUOTE(kg6dxn @ Aug 21 2012, 06:30 PM) *

blink.gif confused24.gif
rick 918-S
QUOTE(Katmanken @ Aug 22 2012, 10:29 AM) *

agree.gif Suspect there are a lot of "surprises" lurking under that extensive and expensive paint job. A little bothered by the rust on the underside of the car as it may be an indicator of what else may be lurking under the paint.

Had to laugh at the description stating "Door bottoms rust-free" and there is rust coming out of the tops of both of the doors. Wonder if the door bottoms were reskinned to get that description?

Yep, I saw that. carpet doesn't match the drapes. Check out the drives sail panel. If you look real carefully it's toast.
Harpo
I live near by If someone want me to take a look at it.

DAvid
bcheney
I agree that there may be some surprises under the surface on this car. Additionally, I really like the look of it! The rear flares are very cool...ever so slight but keeping the character of factory flares. Who knows how this was done? It looks like someone just narrowed a factory flare?

Mike Bellis
QUOTE(MoveQik @ Aug 22 2012, 08:34 AM) *

QUOTE(kg6dxn @ Aug 21 2012, 06:30 PM) *

blink.gif confused24.gif

Have you seen my car??? WTF.gif

I drive flat out driving.gif poke.gif

I can't afford to fix a -6 hissyfit.gif I can afford to swap engines every 6 months, apparently... dry.gif

If I had a real one, it would be too valuable to beat on. chair.gif
sixnotfour
It's a $50k Motor

I gots more of them
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.