Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Photo Attachment Procedures
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
shoguneagle
Need some advice and procedures on attaching photos/attachments to new or existing threads. Really need this info since I hardly ever attach anything. Plus, Do not know how!!!!! A dummy when it comes to the specialties of the computer.

Steve confused24.gif confused24.gif confused24.gif screwy.gif screwy.gif screwy.gif shades.gif shades.gif shades.gif hissyfit.gif hissyfit.gif hissyfit.gif beer.gif beer.gif beerchug.gif beerchug.gif beer3.gif beer3.gif beer3.gif beer3.gif beer3.gif beer3.gif beer3.gif beer3.gif beer3.gif
TheCabinetmaker
It would seem you have figured out the smilies.

When you are replying to a thread, or starting one, there is a box marked choose file. Click the box and find your pic then click add this. I use photobucket. Just copy the pic you want then paste it in the body of the reply.
type47
not a computer expert but try this:

first, make sure your pic is not too big. there are free things that you can use to resize them.

when/if you hit "Reply" to a thread, look under the smilies (on the left is a big page of dancing bananas, drinking heads, happy birthday, this thread is worthless w/o pix, etc) to a line that has "File Attachments" a blank box, then a "Browse" button, and then an "Add this Attachment" button.

Hit the browse button and find the file name of the pic you want to attach, select the pic, OK then hit Add This Attachment. then move your cursor in the Reply panel where you want to add the pic, then below the file name will be in a location and you then "Add This" and after Uploading your reply, it should be there.

... or wait until Andy directs you to a thread that explains it... biggrin.gif
type47
test
Click to view attachment
jimkelly
here is where you do it

just keep the pic smallish

mrbubblehead
agree.gif

i use photo bucket too. copy the img from photobucket and paste it into 914world.
Mike Bellis
Really? I would expect more from member #84... poke.gif
benalishhero
QUOTE(jimkelly @ Aug 23 2012, 06:03 PM) *

here is where you do it

just keep the pic smallish

Yes and after you hit that you need to hit "add into post" or something along those lines.
URY914
I have no idea how to attach pictures sad.gif
TheCabinetmaker
Really paul? Is that why we never see pics of your great car? Please learn and post some from timer to time.
URY914
Click to view attachment
URY914
Click to view attachment
Mike Bellis
QUOTE(URY914 @ Aug 23 2012, 04:03 PM) *

I have no idea how to attach pictures sad.gif

Just like this... One way to do it if the pic is on your computer... make sure each picture file is less than 4MB or it will not work due to the size limit.

Click to view attachment
Mike Bellis
Like this to snatch a pic off the web...

Click to view attachment

IPB Image

http://images.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/pix/4497126.jpg

SirAndy
QUOTE(shoguneagle @ Aug 23 2012, 02:01 PM) *
Need some advice and procedures on attaching photos/attachments to new or existing threads. Really need this info since I hardly ever attach anything. Plus, Do not know how!!!!! A dummy when it comes to the specialties of the computer.

There is a nailed topic called "Need HELP?", which has all your answers ...
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=94568

shades.gif
shoguneagle
Information Overload!!!! Information Overload!!!! Information Overload!!!!

I need a cure, a cure, a cure?????? I need a beer.gif beerchug.gif beer3.gif beer3.gif beer3.gif beer3.gif beer3.gif beer3.gif beer3.gif beer3.gif beer3.gif beer3.gif beer3.gif beer3.gif beer3.gif beer3.gif beer3.gif beer3.gif beer3.gif beer3.gif beer3.gif beer3.gif beer3.gif beer3.gif

Thanks everyone for the info. I do not use attachments very often so I "forget" on how to do things. I one thing I know I am going to have a couple of beers!!!!! Never forget this "cure"!

Steve
Member #84 I" thunk" or is that "tanks" or ????? I for . . . . . .?????
jimkelly
i think the little icon with the tree that says - insert image - throws alot of people off - maybe this icon should be titled - insert image link/url.

also - if the insert image section were up higher on page - as example below - this might help too?

shoguneagle
Click to view attachment This reflects the new location for the oil tank, battery, oil tank breather lines and the heater lines from the engine to the heat exchangers
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.